Representing buses using cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT269

New to this forum, but somebody I know attempted a mod of a car recently, albeit with the intention to make it sound like a 1990s suburban bus.

Whilst the mod was vaguely representative of the bus in question (using a car), I would like to know if there is a way to refine the gear changes more so that it can represent a vehicle with a 5 speed automatic gearbox accurately (IE selecting the range of speeds it can change gears at, over-revving etc).

I don't have any intention to build a bus for this game, but at the same time, it would be nice to know how to modify certain files/scripts/whatever to have some flexibility with sound creation.

Are there any tutorials/guides around the place that might be of assistance in this category? It would also be useful to be able to modify the acceleration so that it can reflect that of the bus in question. This person said that he replaced the sounds in another mod to represent the bus, but I am personally interested in learning more about the process so as to be more creative.

Thanks in advance
MT269

It is a logical suggestion. I'm only going by what I've personally witnessed. It makes more sense to use a bus if this is the case.

Or even a motorbike/pushbike/electric scooter.

@Mark

Thanks for the links. Wasn't aware of these existing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back