Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Picture/Video of Your Ride!
(01-08-2017, 07:33 AM)RustMonster Wrote: Got a CB and have learned that it's nearly impossible to understand what anyone is saying on them, even with a strong signal. Have tuned in the SWR and everything, maybe I just need a good external speaker. Yay, more cramming stuff in parts of the cab where it wasn't meant to be! Maybe someone who knows CBs can give me some advice?

No, that's pretty much how CB land is, a external speaker will help but not with everyone and their stupid echoey microphones... That's why whenever I go out with other people I give them handheld VHF radios because it works so much better. lol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 665046468.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to The Wolf for this post:
  • Sean
oldish pic but a good one.

Heart My Haters.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to That_Drift_Chick for this post:
  • SilverBullet3725
(01-08-2017, 06:26 PM)The Wolf Wrote: No, that's pretty much how CB land is, a external speaker will help but not with everyone and their stupid echoey microphones... That's why whenever I go out with other people I give them handheld VHF radios because it works so much better. lol

Don't forget the ones that scream directly on the mic or hold it against their mouth. I was going to see if I could talk to the people I was hearing to figure out how far my CB was reaching, but it was pointless. Could only understand every other word. The NOAA weatherband channels are the best thing ever, though! Are all three of your whips (the ones on the sides and the roof) for CB, or do each have their own purpose?
-Rusty
If people can call gas vehicles "gassers", then can we call diesel vehicles "dieselers"?
Last I checked a gasser is a type of drag car. Get it right.
(01-08-2017, 10:21 PM)RustMonster Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 06:26 PM)The Wolf Wrote: No, that's pretty much how CB land is, a external speaker will help but not with everyone and their stupid echoey microphones... That's why whenever I go out with other people I give them handheld VHF radios because it works so much better. lol

Don't forget the ones that scream directly on the mic or hold it against their mouth. I was going to see if I could talk to the people I was hearing to figure out how far my CB was reaching, but it was pointless. Could only understand every other word. The NOAA weatherband channels are the best thing ever, though! Are all three of your whips (the ones on the sides and the roof) for CB, or do each have their own purpose?

CB
VHF/UHF
WyoLink
[Image: 665046468.png]
I did the newbie trail with it. If I didn't care about the paint I could do a lot with it, but I didnt buy it to wheel. Its a truck, not a Jeep. I'll go out for some light fun once in a while but it's no longer a hobby of mine.

2016 Ram 2500 Power Wagon - 392 Hemi, Fully locked, 285/75r17 Open Country M/
2003 Peterbilt 379 - 6NZ CAT, Fuller 18, 3.90 straight 40s, 63" Unibuilt, 14.5" Drop Visor
1987 Ford F-350 Custom - 460 gasser, 4spd direct, dually single cab flatbed
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Jeepster for this post:
  • Charger, RustMonster, Sean
[Image: 31360167364_ba10de029c_h.jpg]Untitled by Aiden Repsel, on Flickr
[Image: 32083284821_f7d8f44d94_h.jpg]Untitled by Aiden Repsel, on Flickr
[Image: 32163318976_a8c3cd99cd_h.jpg]Untitled by Aiden Repsel, on Flickr
Twin City Logistics, Inc. Truck #9
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ♤Aiden♤ for this post:
  • Sean
I'm back with my ruined Fusion  Big Grin

p.s. these new forums had me confused since I haven't been on since 2015 lol

[Image: IMG_20161109_151700502_zpsfb0fmccb.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20161115_233417648_zpswsitmhv9.jpg]
[Image: Snapchat-1427623326_zps59cgzcqr.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to PieX for this post:
  • Charger, RustMonster, Sean, todestomate
Started painting the 270 up. Still waiting for the decals and some more spares to come in. 
[Image: iWLRUab.jpg]
[Image: race-cars-dont-v4z0jl.jpg]