To all active modders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xofroggy

so I create mods for MudRunner, and I have been looking at the documentation on making mods for RoR and it is all very confusing compared to MudRunner, plus I am more of a visual learner than a read it and know it kind of person, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to either teach me how to get my current models to work in RoR or if possible maybe one of y'all would be willing to put one of my trucks into RoR, and maybe show me some of the tuning aspects possibly.

Thank you for your time, any help is appreciated

so I create mods for MudRunner, and I have been looking at the documentation on making mods for RoR and it is all very confusing compared to MudRunner, plus I am more of a visual learner than a read it and know it kind of person, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to either teach me how to get my current models to work in RoR or if possible maybe one of y'all would be willing to put one of my trucks into RoR, and maybe show me some of the tuning aspects possibly.

No one is going to put the mods into the game for you. Read the wiki, make the mod. Thats how we all learned how to mod. Also, if those models from mudrunner are yours, then its alright to use in ror, but if you got them from another site and didnt make them, then dont bother talking about it or asking for help with it on this forum.

obviously you did not read the post well enough, i said the mods are mine, i said i looked at the documentation and found it confusing, i also stated that i am a better visual learner, I ASKED for HELP and then simply stated that if no one wanted to HELP me LEARN then maybe they would be willing to just throw it in game, never once did i just ask for a mod to be put in game, i asked for help, but good to know this is the reason the community has died so much since i first played this game.

As 4x4 said, read the wiki. It is sufficient enough to teach you all of the basics of making n/b content. It has plenty of visual graphics, and if that is not helpful enough, look at the n/b of other vehicles that match the type of vehicle you want to implement. If that still isn't sufficient, feel free to ask for assistance, but don't expect to be spoon fed.

Just click the "Docks" button onthe top panel and read everything. Then try your own n/b. Community will help if you are stuck. No one can come to your house, take knowledge and put it in your head for you.

For whatever reason this community can be quite rude when someone asks for help, despite really trying their best to learn.

The wiki page for truck file is where you should start: https://docs.rigsofrods.org/vehicle-creation/fileformat-truck/

I also agree that some parts of the wiki make no, or very little, sense. There are definitely parts that should be explained more clearly. PM me if you need explanations for specific parts. I'm not very active but I'll try. :)

there is a rig editor that was released to build your node/beam structure here http://forum.rigsofrods.org/resources/editorizer.20/ and to build, following lifters videos are quite helpful for visual learners and most of the people on the forums that have built mods before will gladly help you (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back