Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making a bridge but have so question

Making a bridge but have so question

So I'm trying to make a drive-able bridge that when you drive on it you don't fall though it. Someone please help me
    Thank you

Michael10055

Re: Making a bridge but have so question

You need to set up a collision mesh using an odef file: Object Format - Rigs of Rods Wiki Archive
    Last edited by Michael10055; 05-05-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Thank i will try this

from my limited knowledge, with the collision mesh, a submesh with rollon would also be needed for wheels to recognize that it is a surface that a tire is not supposed to pass through.

Michael10055

Quote Originally Posted by Cutaway View Post
    from my limited knowledge, with the collision mesh, a submesh with rollon would also be needed for wheels to recognize that it is a surface that a tire is not supposed to pass through.
    What? Submesh and rollon have nothing to do with object collision. Nodes contact collision meshes, not submeshes.
    Rollon is also a dead feature: Lost truckfile features . Issue #1438 . RigsOfRods/rigs-of-rods . GitHub

Quote Originally Posted by Michael10055 View Post
    You need to set up a collision mesh using an odef file: Object Format - Rigs of Rods Wiki Archive

So, I finally got a few mins. to try this. No luck. here is a copy of the odef file and a in-game screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Making a bridge but have so question-1-png   Making a bridge but have so question-screenshot_2018-05-20_20-11-40_1-jpg  
    Last edited by Michael10055; 05-23-2018 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Removed stolen bus

United States

The issue is that the mesh name can NOT have a space in it. EG. mesh bridge.mesh should be mesh_bridge.mesh

Quote Originally Posted by Disloyalpick View Post
    The issue is that the mesh name can NOT have a space in it. EG. mesh bridge.mesh should be mesh_bridge.mesh
    I tried that same outcome. Any other suggestions

Michael10055

Quote Originally Posted by Disloyalpick View Post
    mesh is part of the object format syntax; It's supposed to be separated with a space.

Quote Originally Posted by dj46 View Post
    So, I finally got a few mins. to try this. No luck. here is a copy of the odef file and a in-game screen shot
    Looking at your screenshot, it appears you've placed the object on an node/beam structure? You're supposed to place it as a terrain object: Adding/moving terrain objects -

Quote Originally Posted by Michael10055 View Post
    mesh is part of the object format syntax; It's supposed to be separated with a space.

Looking at your screenshot, it appears you've placed the object on an node/beam structure? You're supposed to place it as a terrain object: Adding/moving terrain objects -
    Yes, i did place it on n/b. I actually did it as a .load. i tried last night placing it as a terrain object but i may have it wrong because i had the same problem but i was sleepy so i will try again shortly

Thread Information