Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can somebody please help me?

Can somebody please help me?

Yes, I have a few questions I'd like to ask.

Who do I see about retrieving some archival downloads, and where do I need to go to talk to them?

I am needing some vehicles from the pre-0.4 era, and despite using the WayBack machine, I can't download what I find.

I've tried the archives in the repository, but they weren't there.

Can someone help?
    Last edited by Austin; 03-05-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Re: Can somebody please help me?

It would definitely help if you let us know what you're looking for, specifically.

Looking for some very old vehicles

Hello.

Yes, I'd like to ask if anyone has some pre-0.4 vehicles.

I need the following-

The Gantor Mega machines.zip,

The Caterpillar 797, (An old WIP model).

The dieselpunk.zip

The Melroe Prime Mover

The AEC London Routemaster Bus

And the GMC General/Jimmy. (I can't remember the exact name of that one. All I know was that it was a 14 wheeled log truck, (2 front wheels, three sets of dual back wheels.)

I would like to know if anyone has these vehicles, as I'd like to restore my collection, as well as use the vehicles in the multiplayer mode.

Re: Looking for some very old vehicles

Did you search in the archives? I think it's the best way to find all the mods.
    Last edited by Fireboy3000; 02-11-2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: wrong conjugation

What i meant was, it had two front wheels, and twelve driving wheels.

That's four tires apiece, set on three rear differentials.

As for the truck, it was a rather boxy affair, with a squared off long nose design. It had a stake bed on its back, with the logs contained behind the stakes.

The whole thing looked like a timber rig, the kind that carry the logs on the back rather than a trailer.

It looked roughly like this, only with two headlights instead of four, and no crane arm attached. -

Can somebody please help me?-1988-gmc-5-star-tri-axle-1-jpg

United States

This is your answer. It is now up to you to find it. Its called Kenworth W900

Can somebody please help me?-kroujje-png

Use the search feature at the top right of this page.

Archive - Rigs of Rods Repository Files

I'm sorry, but i'm afraid that i still can't find it. I paste the name in the search box, and it tells me that there are no files detected.

Also, i'm looking for always read GMC Jimmy/General in the repository.

I don't mean to be rude, but that's just what i remember.

Also, may i ask if you have the Gantor Mega Machines pack? That'd be the GM Terex Titan, and an accompanying giant wheeled dozer.

Again, i mean no offence by this reply.

And the Melroe , dieselpunk, and routemaster worked, by the way. Thanks.

I was also wrong about the truck. it has four headlights after all.
    Last edited by scrapiron; 02-12-2018 at 04:04 AM.

Since the Jantor BigMachines were never uploaded to the repository originally and the old vBulletin forum archive isn't active, I went ahead and uploaded them to the current repository. As for the log truck, I vaguely recognize what you're talking about, but I can't seem to remember who made it or what the actual name was. The only GMC General I know of only came in a semi version.

https://forum.rigsofrods.org/downloa...do=file&id=205

RoR Version:0.32-6
    - Operating System: Windows
    - Renderer usedossibly sketchup or ROR editor, (never paid attention to what program was used to build it).
    - Link to RoR.log: unavailable.

To be specific, I am looking for an old vehicle which the original repository/truck and heavy equipment showroom listed as a GMC General.

I am asking for help on this one because I wish to add it to a personal collection I'm restoring of my favorite vehicles in this game.

It was a boxy, long-nosed semi truck, with three rear axles and a stake bed on the back, which bore a load of logs.

The wheels looked to be standard ROR wheels, the same type used on the early models of this game.

It had a red paintjob with a gray radiator grille, four small headlights and a gray front bumper.

The axles of the machine were also from the earlier versions of this game, as they didn't look so much like realistic differentials as six pairs of x-shaped rods.

The same set up was used for the 1974 Dodge Police car that used to come as standard in the N_Helens download.

At any rate, here is a picture of the real-life counterpart of the vehicle I'm looking for, (Note the truck in the game doesn't have a crane arm, and its a bit shorter in the wheel length)-

Can somebody please help me?-1988-gmc-5-star-tri-axle-1-jpgCan somebody please help me?-1988-gmc-5-star-tri-axle-front-jpg

I was originally told to look up a Kenworth W900, but that wasn't it.

Not to sound desperate, but I searched all four archive batches, and the only thing I could find with the tile GMC- was a Yukon, and a 1974 starter.

I also tried to search for it using the wayback machine, but to no luck, as some of the pages in the old Trucks/Heavy Equipment showroom were missing, though I can't remember the exact page numbers.

Of course, even if I had found it, the Wayback machine would've told me that it didn't have a snapshot of the page.

And whenever I typed in GENERAL in the archives, all I found was the General Lee car, which is nice, but not quite the same.

That's pretty much every last detail I can dredge up.

- - - Updated - - -

What does the Semi version look like?

Thread Information