Thread: How do i strengthen a vehicle?

Question How do i strengthen a vehicle?

Hi all,

I wanted to use Gabester's Honda Accord MR to drive around a racetrack and maybe some mountain roads but I've noticed that the front wheels kept breaking on me each time I turned.
    I do not know how to fix it and I couldn't find anything on youtube or the forum (or I am really bad at searching for things which is always a possibility).

Also, as an unrelated question, I would like to know if there is a program that I could use to create maps or cars.

Thank you all!

Re: How do i strengthen a vehicle?

To strengthen the car you'd need to adjust the spring and/or dampening of the beams, especially those in the suspension. You do this by editing the set_beam_defaults line in the truck file that corresponds to the beams that are too weak.

Truck file format - set_beam_defaults

Just be aware that setting the spring and damping too high will result in unstable physics and can cause the car to destroy itself, and even cause RoR to crash to desktop. So it's best to edit in small increments.

As far as creating content from scratch, a number of programs are available. Most people use a mixture of Blender and notepad/notepad++ to create Node/beam structures, Blender is also the program of choice for creating 3D meshes. Terrains can be made using L3DT to generate and edit heightmaps and textures, or you can sculpt a heightmap in Blender then texture it by hand. My advice would be to look around our Docs and wiki archives to get an idea of the specific tasks involved with content creation.

Re: How do i strengthen a vehicle?

Thank you! I'll see what I can do.

Thread Information