Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shell scripts to build Rigs of Rods git on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint

Shell scripts to build Rigs of Rods git on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint

If you want to compile the latest developer version of Rigs of Rods on any distribution using apt as the package manager (includes Debian, Ubuntu and Linux Mint) you can use the shell scripts found here:

GitHub - RigsOfRods/ror-linux-buildscripts: Shell scripts to build Rigs of Rods git on apt based GNU/Linux systems
    (Green download button can be found on the right)

They do everything that is needed to build Rigs of Rods, from pulling and building the dependencies to updating the code to the latest version and building Rigs of Rods itself.
    For information on how to use them please refer to the included README.md.
    A script to build the server is also included.

If you encounter any errors it is preferred that you open an issue ticket on the GitHub issue tracker for the scripts. If you don't have a GitHub account and don't want to create one reporting your problem in this thread is also acceptable.

Re: Shell scripts to build Rigs of Rods git on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint

Can you or another moderator delete this thread I created? (Linux Build 2 issues, one easy fix, one no idea)

Both of the issues still affects me:

The incorrect path in the files in "/usr/local/share/applications/". They point to "/usr/games/RoR/" instead of "/usr/local/games/RoR/"

Launching RoR with Caelum enabled results in a crash, but Sandstorm does not.

Code:
      ## Initializing Sky Subsystem
    Caelum: Initialising Caelum system...
    Caelum: Creating required internal resource group 'Caelum'
    Creating resource group Caelum
    Caelum: Creating caelum sub-components.
    Texture: EarthClearSky2.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1.
    Caelum: Creating CaelumSphericDome sphere mesh resource...
    Caelum: generateSphericDome DONE
    Texture: sun_disc.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
    Texture: moon_disc.dds: Loading 1 faces(PF_DXT3,512x512x1) with 9 custom mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_DXT3,512x512x1.
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    I will get set up with Github for future reporting.
    Last edited by rents1977; 02-04-2018 at 10:18 AM.

While running the dependencies-Ubuntu.sh script it always comes up with an error saying package cannot be found. When I manually run sudo apt update I get this (Sorry I don?t know how to put it into that ?Code:? thingy): N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/rigs-of-rods/rigs-of-rods/deb/ubuntu xenial InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386' I am on Ubuntu Mate 16.04.5 Xenial Xerus 64-Bit

Hey,

Is it possible that you're running on the i386 edition of Ubuntu rather than the amd64 edition?

What does the output of the following commands say?

Code:
    cat /etc/lsb-release
    Code:
    uname -a
    For what it's worth, this is what it should say when installation command is executed:

Code:
    $ curl -sLf 'https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/rigs-of-rods/rigs-of-rods/cfg/install/bash.deb.sh' | sudo bash

Executing the deb installation script for the 'rigs-of-rods/rigs-of-rods' repository ...

OK: Checking for required executable 'python' ...
       OK: Checking for required executable 'apt-get' ...
       OK: Checking for required executable 'curl' ...
       OK: Detecting your Operating System, Distribution & Version ...
     ^^^^: Detected as: ubuntu/xenial/16.04

OK: Checking for apt dependency 'apt-transport-https' ...
       OK: Importing 'rigs-of-rods/rigs-of-rods' repository GPG key into apt ...
       OK: Installing 'rigs-of-rods/rigs-of-rods' repository via apt ...
       OK: Updating apt's repository metadata cache ...
       OK: The repository has been installed successfully - You're Ready to Rock!
    Then installing something like socketw should look like this:

Code:
    $ sudo apt install socketw
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      socketw
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 702 not upgraded.
    Need to get 64.7 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 296 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Get:1 https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/rigs-of-rods/rigs-of-rods/deb/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 socketw amd64 3.10.43 [64.7 kB]
    Fetched 64.7 kB in 1s (39.9 kB/s)
    Selecting previously unselected package socketw.
    (Reading database ... 349540 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../socketw_3.10.43_amd64.deb ...
    Unpacking socketw (3.10.43) ...
    Setting up socketw (3.10.43) ...
    Cheers,
    Lee

For me it is still looking for i386 as well, even though I am on 64bits:

Code:
    DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS"
    4.13.0-32-generic #35~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP 
    x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Xubuntu 16.04.03 // RoR version: 0.4.8.0-shscript // Dual Xeon L5640 // 16Gb // GTX1050

It'll still look in i386 because 64-bit architecture can execute 32-bit, but I'm surprised it errors for you (what exactly is the errors you see?)

Try changing your /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rigs-of-rods-rigs-of-rods.list file so it looks like the following (with addition of pin to amd64):

Code:
    # Source: Cloudsmith (support@cloudsmith.io)
    # Repository: Rigs of Rods / Rigs of Rods
    # Description: Rigs of Rods is a free/libre soft-body physics simulator mainly targeted at simulating vehicle physics. The soft-body physics system is based on mass-spring-damper theory.

deb [arch=amd64] https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/rigs-of-rods/rigs-of-rods/deb/ubuntu xenial main
    Then run the following again:

Code:
    sudo apt update

sudo apt -q install build-essential wget git wget cmake pkg-config python3 \
    libogre-1.9-dev libmygui-dev libmygui.ogreplatform0debian1v5 libopenal-dev \
    libcurl4-openssl-dev libgtk2.0-dev libois-dev libssl-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev \
    libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libgtk2.0-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev \ 
    angelscript pagedgeometry socketw
    If it still doesn't work, post a snippet of the exact output you see when running the apt install command.

HTH.

It's when running "sudo apt-get update" it throws up the error mentioning I386 that Cougar posted above.
    Xubuntu 16.04.03 // RoR version: 0.4.8.0-shscript // Dual Xeon L5640 // 16Gb // GTX1050

OK, but what error occurs during install? What package can it not find? Does the error occur after you've made my suggested change? :-)

The N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages text is a NOTICE message (i.e. informational, not a warning or an error).

I had entered the commands manually in the end. I have everything installed. Caelum crashes with a segfault and the shortcuts point to the wrong place, but the shortcuts were an easy fix. Caelum still has me stumped.

Thread Information