Thread: RoR hangs with 2nd vehicle/trailer

RoR hangs with 2nd vehicle/trailer

When creating a second vehicle (e.g. truck + trailer) RoR hangs. Seems to be independent of terrain and used vehicles.
    - RoR Version: 0.4.8.0-dev-eafcc35 (from Dev server itch.io, Oct 21)
    - Operating System: Linux Kubuntu 18.04
    - Renderer used: OpenGL
    - Link to RoR.log: attached

In that log I used "Simple test terrain", created "Semi trailer 37tons" (via Ctrl-G), walked some meters away and created "DAF semi truck".
    The truck was not shown - RoR seems to hang: no reaction on almost any key (except e.g. T or Ctrl-T). Engine sound was started.

Same behaviour with 0.4.8.0-CIBuild-2890.1 from yesterday.
    In the past with SW from April (built myself) this problem did not occur - on same computer (but with Kubuntu 16.04).

Edit: Also with one vehicle the freeze/hanging of graphic happens - but it is less reproducible: Normally I can drive for several minutes until it suddenly happens.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tpas; 1 Week Ago at 04:31 PM.

2. The Following User Likes This Post:

Re: RoR hangs with 2nd vehicle/trailer

Quote Originally Posted by tpas View Post
    When creating a second vehicle (e.g. truck + trailer) RoR hangs. Seems to be independent of terrain and used vehicles.
    - RoR Version: 0.4.8.0-dev-eafcc35 (from Dev server itch.io, Oct 21)
    - Operating System: Linux Kubuntu 18.04
    - Renderer used: OpenGL
    - Link to RoR.log: attached

In that log I used "Simple test terrain", created "Semi trailer 37tons" (via Ctrl-G), walked some meters away and created "DAF semi truck".
    The truck was not shown - RoR seems to hang: no reaction on almost any key (except e.g. T or Ctrl-T). Engine sound was started.

Same behaviour with 0.4.8.0-CIBuild-2890.1 from yesterday.
    In the past with SW from April (built myself) this problem did not occur - on same computer (but with Kubuntu 16.04).
    Reinstall the game or delete the Cache maybe that helps
    I LIKE TRUCKS AND TRAINS[SUP] (espeically scanias and bombardiers)
    Thanks for reading this ^-^

But don't be afraid if you have questions about me just ask me via private messages

Quote Originally Posted by XD_dominicXD View Post
    Reinstall the game or delete the Cache maybe that helps
    Thanks, unfortunately deleting .rigsofrods/cache/ did not help.

Then I re-installed the Dev built 0.4.8.0-CIBuild-2890.1 and removed ~/.rigsofrods completely, afterwards re-ran ./RunRoRConfig - same problem when spawning a 2nd vehicle.

More ideas? I guess, there are no further directories that might contain old data, are there?

Well, I thought it might be related to my OS upgrade (to Kubuntu 18.04) some weeks ago. Maybe some incompatibility between OGRE (libs delivered via itch.io or via conan) and OpenGL (touched with OS upgrade).
    So I compiled OGRE myself and used it to compile&link RoR: Hangs again.
    (RoR commit 353f0019 from 2018-10-28)

Then in git I went back some months to commit 8e74ca91 from 2018-03-29, and built RoR with the same OGRE from step before: This runs stable!

From this I conclude it is not related to OS upgrade, but rather to some other change within RoR or its dependencies between those dates. Is this special to my environment? (DualCore Intel Celeron with Intel GPU)
    Are there other linux users, using an up-to-date RoR, with or without freeze/hanging of graphic?

For the moment, I am happy having the older version running.

6. The Following User Likes This Post:

Thread Information