Thread: RoR For Mac

RoR For Mac

What is the latest version out for Mac osx? I have 4.7 on my windows desktop but I would love to have it on my MacBook. Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Re: RoR For Mac

I want to say is .38 is the latest version, so pretty old. You could run it through some sort of conversion program though, I want to say there’s one called WineBottler or something similar.
    I have a crappy computer that runs BeamNG?s techdemo at about 5 FPS. It?s almost bad enough that I get negative framerate, so -5 FPS=5 SPF. So, to conclude, my laptop is a crappy sunscreen.

7/25/18-First infraction for off topic, 1 point.

United States

Quote Originally Posted by 25or624 View Post
    I want to say is .38 is the latest version, so pretty old. You could run it through some sort of conversion program though, I want to say there’s one called WineBottler or something similar.
    It's called Wine.
    Last edited by TurboWafflz; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:50 PM.

I've ran it on MacOS, there's only 2 ways to do it.

-Wine: I've used this before, even with reshade there is pretty good performance
    -0.37 from SourceForge, which i've never used but i'm sure it runs fine, just very outdated.
    Win 10Pro rig | i5 3570k | GTX 970 | 16GB ram |
    OSX/Hackintosh | i5 2320 | GTX 660 | 8GB ram |
    Asus M580VD | i5 7300HQ | GTX 1050 | 8GB ram |

5. The Following User Likes This Post:

Thank you all for the help! I'm a noob when it comes to Apple products lol

I am guessing that you are not running bootcamp on your mac if you are asking about this, but I can say from personal experience (as I have been playing RoR with my mac since about 2011) that just running RoR in Windows via bootcamp is probably gonna be your most painless option... well... as painless as Windows will let it be...

That being said, I know over the years that many users have used Wine to play with rather good success... occasional glitches have been noted for particular setups, but I think most of them (with some fiddling with the settings) eventually figured it out for their machines.

Does this mean it will work for you? No... not at all... but I say give it a go, as whats the worst that can happen

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Thread Information