Jett G

The Keystoner
I have made threads on here before about the RoR Server Setup Process, but I have been running into issues I never had. I have been fighting tooth and nail for weeks now to see if I could diagnose the issue before creating this thread. So anyway my Power went out a couple of months ago and ever since then other people can join my servers but I cant. Yet I have two PC's and the one I host it on I tried using the "localhost" and it let me join but I need to join it on my main PC. I have even tried using various user tokens on my main PC which I thought could be the issue but that never worked either so if anyone could help me that would be great : D

02:16:46: Texture 'lock.png': Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,16x16x1) Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,16x16x1.
02:17:04: [RoR|CVar] mp_state: "1" (was: "0")
02:17:04: [RoR|Networking] Trying to join server '-REDACTED-' on port '28602' ...
02:17:04: [RoR|PleaseWaitUI] <spinner> Joining [-REDACTED-:28602]
Starting...
02:17:04: [RoR|PleaseWaitUI] <spinner> Joining [-REDACTED-:28602]
Estabilishing connection...
02:17:13: [RoR|CVar] app_state: "3" (was: "1")

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

On your server PC, open cmd.exe and type in ipconfig, hit enter
Find the interface you are using to connect to your network, and your private IP address (address of your server PC on your home network)

s.png

It should be something like 192.168.0.10

Try using that to connect from your home pc to your server pc, see if that works

Hi,

On your server PC, open cmd.exe and type in ipconfig, hit enter
Find the interface you are using to connect to your network, and your private IP address (address of your server PC on your home network)

View attachment 14722

It should be something like 192.168.0.10

Try using that to connect from your home pc to your server pc, see if that works
It works but the only problem is my free subdomain does not cover the actual address up. I use https://freedns.afraid.org/ and I want that so people dont see the actual thing if you get what I mean. Also my server PC is connected through Ethernet if that helps at all.

Back