2022.12 Discussion thread

Zentro

Administrator
We'd like to hear your thoughts on the latest release of Rigs of Rods.

Currently there are no known issues with this release.

This thing was in the game for a long time before this release.

When honking (Holding down "H" and "Arrow UP" key) I can't turn left. The right steering works fine thought.

This is annoying when using for example the: Burnside Police, Starling sprinter Police/Ambulance and the Starling fire truck, since those vehicles don't have the "on/off" siren option.

The only thing that allows me to turn left is stopping the acceleration.

Other then that, the new version is great!

The second thing is the damage textures in MP.

After a collision with another Player's vehicle the damage textures (scratches, broken windows, etc.) will not be deleted even when the vehicle is repaired (backspace / i).

The textures are only removed if the player removes, and then spawns the same vehicle again.

This isn't a serious problem thought.

I already mentioned this issue in the 2022.04 discussion thread.

Sorry for the out of place question.
What is this map on the home screen?
スクリーンショット (7).png

Reactions: KGM
When you stop another player's vehicle in MP (by the "⏸️" in the vehicle list) and they happen to be using the particles (activated by "G") the animation of the GFX won't stop but instead stay in the player's last position.

New AI feature is awesome! Would love to see this expanded a bit more by giving the AI the ability to use Rear-Steer so that trucks can be utilized better.

• Love
Reactions: KGM
Say, it's good, but... is it possible to make it so that you can select certain/different AI functions/paths for already-spawned vehicles in future updates?
--EDIT--
Also, I know this has been present in previous versions, and that it not be so much of a 'bug' as I think it is, but the time/day slider goes back to the middle whenever the Settings tab closes. No effect on the time/day, just the slider, which makes it annoying if you want to set a specific time. Maybe this feature could be fixed, and possibly add a time indicator in the time/day slider, in the style of the FOV slider indicator? Thanks.

Last edited:
When I alt-tab from the game then back the vast majority of the time my vehicle change texture (often to black, sometimes to silver), but more importantly, the map loose its texture ; I only see pointers on a pitch black map. The vast majority of the time I play this game I listen to podcasts, so sometimes there's something that shows up on the video that I'd like to see or there's something I misheard so I need to rewind (both making me alt-tab).

When I alt-tab from the game then back the vast majority of the time my vehicle change texture (often to black, sometimes to silver), but more importantly, the map loose its texture ; I only see pointers on a pitch black map. The vast majority of the time I play this game I listen to podcasts, so sometimes there's something that shows up on the video that I'd like to see or there's something I misheard so I need to rewind (both making me alt-tab).
This has almost always been an issue with RoR, only workaround is to use windowed mode + dynamic input grabbing instead.

Finally! This new release has made it so I can let AI drive the cars and crash into each other! I'm going to use this feature a lot!

I have a challenge! On a full-width vehicle (not ATV, motorcycle, nor the like) in Trail Island, go south at spawn point then east up the rock, on which the vehicle is located on the map just below, then instead of going the seemingly more accessible path just west of the pink line
screenshot_2023-06-03_12-33-48_1-map-trails.jpgscreenshot_2023-06-03_12-35-02_1-interior-trails.jpg
, go east of it, and not just a bit east on the trail from a 'T' intersection climbing across the hill to another 'T', but keep going east to the ledge of the sea, just west of the lavender line (of the map). There's a section I can't imagine a full-width vehicle making it across, as seen in
screenshot_2023-06-03_12-36-34_1.jpgscreenshot_2023-06-03_12-41-22_1.jpg
as it pushes the vehicle away and right after the trail angle go down toward the sea. The following, with the truck on the side,
screenshot_2023-06-03_12-37-57_1.jpg
is the best I've done.

I'm hoping other people try and let me know of their attempt/success. :)

Last edited:
Yes, the road editor in Rigs of Rods can be used with railroad tracks from Train Valley and other train maps.
Unfortunately, this is actually false. The new road editor script currently can only add/edit procedural roads, train tracks do not use this system and thus can't currently be edited with the script.

Unfortunately, this is actually false. The new road editor script currently can only add/edit procedural roads, train tracks do not use this system and thus can't currently be edited with the script.
Thankyou for correcting me didn't know that it happened thanks again for the information and sorry for the wrong information I provided earlier.

Back