Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
model looks different in toolkit than it does when previewed
recently I learned blender so I decided to make a basic racing track. It is uv mapped. for whatever though reason it looks way different in the toolkit when I try to place it vs. when i preview it in an ogre development app. cant anybody tell me why it does that and how to fix it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-15-2017, 08:13 PM)ParkAvenue Wrote: recently I learned blender so I decided to make a basic racing track. It is uv mapped. for whatever though reason it looks way different in the toolkit when I try to place it vs. when i preview it in an ogre development app. cant anybody tell me why it does that and how to fix it?

I don't know what changes had been applied to RorToolkit recently. I suggest to open a map like Flatmap and place your object on the map (appearance is not important, because RoR will load the object on different way than toolkit).

if you need to rotate your mesh in toolkit on two axes at the same time (for example Y and Z), it will be better that you rotate your object in blender, aply rotation and scale (CTRL +A ) and then export your mesh file, so you don't need to rotate anymore on toolkit.

Test your new "FlatMap" on RoR.

Old toolkit didn't load meshes maps. that's why you need to place your map on Flatmap like any other object.

Cheers.