Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximum Node Count
i have a question... why does the maximum node limit is 1000 including wheel nodes (if your Vehicle has wheels)? is there any way to separate the wheel nodes (the nodes that generated by the Simulator) to the regular nodes (the nodes that we use to create vehicles)? and is there any way to increase the maximum node count up to 2000 or more for the one's who are working on more realistic vehicles and more complex vehicles like cranes, trucks, trailers, trains, etc.
For developers.... it is possible to increase the maximum node count up to 2000 or more in the future development? and it is possible to not include the wheel nodes from the node count?
(06-12-2016, 05:20 PM)chester19 Wrote: For developers.... it is possible to increase the maximum node count up to 2000 or more in the future development? and it is possible to not include the wheel nodes from the node count?

That's a shame, that has put a giant block in the front of your ultra realistic crane.
Hi,

it should be possible to increase the node limit. In its current implemenation RoR always allocates enough memory to fit the maximum amount of nodes. I.e. even if you have a vehicle with only 200 nodes, it will still use up memory for 1000 nodes. Therefore the current limit of 1000 nodes is probably a compromise between sophisticated node-beam setups and average memory consumption.

@chester19 I think the best would be if you create a new issue on Github: https://github.com/RigsOfRods/rigs-of-rods/issues Please also refer to your crane therein, to underline your need for a higher node count.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mikadou for this post:
  • chester19
(06-13-2016, 01:24 PM)mikadou Wrote: Hi,

it should be possible to increase the node limit. In its current implemenation RoR always allocates enough memory to fit the maximum amount of nodes. I.e. even if you have a vehicle with only 200 nodes, it will still use up memory for 1000 nodes. Therefore the current limit of 1000 nodes is probably a compromise between sophisticated node-beam setups and average memory consumption.

@chester19 I think the best would be if you create a new issue on Github: https://github.com/RigsOfRods/rigs-of-rods/issues Please also refer to your crane therein, to underline your need for a higher node count.

the reason why is the maximum node limit is 1000 nodes because of memory allocation... and it depends on how ROR consume memory on the computer... but its possible to seperate the wheel nodes in the node count in the future development so that it will not affect the node limit? ok i think i need to make and issue on that on github...