Ouch!
Sad 
So... on Friday July 15, I was at a nice little summer camp at an airport. They had a nice little moon bounce/slide that had some water running through it. It was muddy all around it, and kids getting on and off of it left mud all over the entrance and exit of the slide. So, I was going to go hydrate myself with some lemonade, but when I went to jump off, I slipped and my left arm dug straight into the mud.
    The rest of my body just plopped, because my arm took all of the impact. I howled in pain. Kids were laughing at first, until they realized what situation I was in. Counselors surrounded me and asked if I was alright to move. I was in too much shock to even realize what was around me. I started feeling blood rushing away from my hands and feet. I was so lightheaded and was breathing so quick. Eventually, I realized that I better get up and into a chair before I can't. I used all of my strength to get up and walk into some shade next to a port-a-potty.
    The pain was real, and was coming in sharp pains. I tried to calm down, but ended up quickening my breaths. Eventually, I was starting to calm down. I fought to resist quickening my breaths. The police department came and asked me a few questions. Soon enough, I was calmed down enough to be able to talk and laugh. I still got pain and let out a bit of a yelp whenever it came back.
    Next thing you know, an ambulance comes down the trail to the airport and comes quickly to my aid. They took a support cushion and some stretchy bandage and covered my arm. I was transported to a hospital and was sent straight into the ER. I was muddy from head to toe and felt disgusting. I went through some X-rays, and twisting my arm to get a good X-ray hurt.
    The doctor took a while, but she  announced to me that I have a broken radius. Nurses came in and cleaned my arm as good as they can, they then put on a splint to immobilize my arm. I got some crackers and pain medicine, Which helped a lot. Soon enough, I'll be getting my hard cast on from a bone doctor, and living life with one hand for two months.

I wrote this to see how many others might have a similar story. Hopefully I can get back to more video games after I am healed.
Thanks to everyone that read this in their own time, It means a lot to me and my broken arm.

~Thank You~
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to RoR Public Schools for this post:
  • brettsteuer, BusDriver5, CardonaMotorsports18, GamingSP, wilkgr
My thoughts and prayers to you bud, hope your hand will heal fast!
"There's nothing stock about a stock car."
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to CardonaMotorsports18 for this post:
  • RoR Public Schools, RustMonster
(07-18-2016, 06:04 PM)CardonaMotorsports18 Wrote: My thoughts and prayers to you bud, hope your hand will heal fast!

Thanks  Smile It means a lot that others care too.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RoR Public Schools for this post:
  • CardonaMotorsports18
I slit my wrist picking up a heavy box at work today and got ran off the road by someone who ran a stoplight going to work so seeing this thread made me think "Well, at least I wasn't the only one who had a bad day."

Cheers and best wishes, hope the in-cast time goes fast for you.
-Rusty
Roses are red; violets are blue. I turbo'd my mower; now it goes STUTUTUTU!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RustMonster for this post:
  • RoR Public Schools
(07-19-2016, 08:20 AM)RustMonster Wrote: I slit my wrist picking up a heavy box at work today and got ran off the road by someone who ran a stoplight going to work so seeing this thread made me think "Well, at least I wasn't the only one who had a bad day."

Cheers and best wishes, hope the in-cast time goes fast for you.

Smile thank you everybody. I have my hard cast on (Which is red) and it should be off in about 1 - 1 1/2 months. Its hard to write these messages, but they are worth every second to me.

Thanks again.
I tripped and fell and broke my wrist about 12 years ago. Was in a cast for a few months. It grew back wrong a little bit and it still pinches a nerve occasionally, not as much as it used to. But when it happens it feels like napalm running up my arm and the back of my neck. I get dizzy and just have to sit down for a few minutes. Not fun. That's why I don't throw things, if I throw overhand it is almost a 100% guarantee that it's gonna hit a nerve.
[Image: 665046468.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to The Wolf for this post:
  • RoR Public Schools