Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What did you do today?
Well, I wouldn't exactly call this being done today, but rather two days back for the revision and seventeen days since initially getting it, but I finally completed another model kit (which I'll admit, this one was not cheap at all, since it cost $16.00, then with the added materials I bought at the same time, which was an additional $12-$13.00, it went up to a grand total of $34.60 with tax included.), though this time I really pushed myself out of my comfort zone and did extensive detailing on it. I'm really proud with the final results, especially after spending two days and 14+ hours on the actual build (painting, dry brushing, and top-coating takes a bit of time when you're on a somewhat restricted time schedule). If anyone is curious on what exactly I built, I have a compilation of pics via an imgur album, which is located here: http://imgur.com/a/cIlXy. 
Just an ordinary RoR regular who happens to be a furred alien at the same time...
"Tremors are being felt everywhere..."
Bought a 1949 8N. Undecided

https://streamable.com/z837d

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to The Wolf for this post:
  • RustMonster, Sean
(04-22-2017, 07:47 AM)ShawnVallance Wrote: Well, I wouldn't exactly call this being done today, but rather two days back for the revision and seventeen days since initially getting it, but I finally completed another model kit (which I'll admit, this one was not cheap at all, since it cost $16.00, then with the added materials I bought at the same time, which was an additional $12-$13.00, it went up to a grand total of $34.60 with tax included.), though this time I really pushed myself out of my comfort zone and did extensive detailing on it. I'm really proud with the final results, especially after spending two days and 14+ hours on the actual build (painting, dry brushing, and top-coating takes a bit of time when you're on a somewhat restricted time schedule). If anyone is curious on what exactly I built, I have a compilation of pics via an imgur album, which is located here: http://imgur.com/a/cIlXy. 
SHAWN!... Looking good brother! long time no see :O
Spent my day under this junk again. This picture is from about a week ago. Got the front finished. Rear axle has been dropped for a while now but I ended up accidentally damaging the shackles while cutting the studs so everything back there's gonna need replaced now. Plus I bought the wrong grade bolts to replace the front shackle bolts so I had to go get more of those too. Now I have to pull the front back apart. Just throwing money and time down an open pit. A 4 inch lift is supposed to be easy. 300,000 miles and a 40 years of salt and sitting later with nothing but gravel and cardboard for something to work on makes it a living hell. I shouldn't have started this and I regret every single second of it. Too late now.
[Image: gUxKqNk.jpg]
It better walk up a f__king tree when it's done.
-Rusty
If people can call gas vehicles "gassers", then can we call diesel vehicles "dieselers"?
Last I checked a gasser is a type of drag car. Get it right.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RustMonster for this post:
  • Michael10055
(04-22-2017, 07:47 AM)ShawnVallance Wrote:  I finally completed another model kit 

That's neat. If I had the time I'd get into modeling. It looks like you can buy all sorts of custom accessories on eBay, which I would end up spending way too much money.

(Yesterday, 07:28 PM)The Wolf Wrote: Bought a 1949 8N

Also neat.

My latest project has a waterproof drivetrain. I'll be fording the deep sea by next semester.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Venomox for this post:
  • ShawnVallance
(5 hours ago)Venomox Wrote: That's neat. If I had the time I'd get into modeling. It looks like you can buy all sorts of custom accessories on eBay, which I would end up spending way too much money.

Thanks, and I do agree with you on that, some of those accessories are pretty expensive, though some can be rather cheap too. The series line the one I previously posted has a ton that are decently priced (usually they're $10 or a bit beyond, but never over $30 with the exception of a single mobile armor that's $33), but I've seen extremely expensive model kits, like one that costs exactly $206.14. (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10274608) <- That's the one that costs a literal crap-ton of cash, but considering that it's extremely large, it's kinda worth it. XD
Just an ordinary RoR regular who happens to be a furred alien at the same time...
"Tremors are being felt everywhere..."