Picture/Video of Your Ride!
Heh.
[Image: t4B49qE.png]
-Rusty
If people can call gas vehicles "gassers", then can we call diesel vehicles "dieselers"?
Last I checked a gasser is a type of drag car. Get it right.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to RustMonster for this post:
  • Michael10055, Sean
Newest purchase. 
[Image: IMG_20170604_202445_706.jpg]
07 Nissan Xterra, 1 owner.  4.0 V6, 116k miles with 4wd.  Paid 4 grand.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Brett for this post:
  • Charger, Sean
(05-03-2017, 12:59 AM)RustMonster Wrote: @Jeepster Everyone says that I need a Jeep to do any "serious" trails, but your Power Wagon looks no bigger than any of the Jeeps it's pictured with, and I know damn well the new trucks are way bigger than my '78. Do you have much trouble following them around? Obv. you don't have the size of lift and tires they have, but I mean trail width and things like that, I don't see where yours is any worse than theirs. I'm curious because I'm wondering who I'll be able to follow around once my rig is done. I've got a friend with a built XJ and he swears I'll never follow him and that he can get me stuck, but not get me out due to my weight. I think if I threw a limited slip in both ends I could follow him most places. He's locked on 33s and an 8" lift. I can't run lockers, awd NP203 won't allow it up front. Have a worn out LS rear that I'd have to change everything for as well, so LS it is. Figured my best way of having ideas before I out-do myself is to ask someone experienced.

I don't have a picture right now.  Sad

No fullsize will ever be able to keep up with a Jeep. Period. My Power Wagon has front and rear lockers and I have trouble on level 2 trails, wheras I was doing level 3+ and 4 trails with my 2013, which was on 35s with a leveling kit and no lockers.

Even in minor ruts, my large differential housings are dragging ass where guys in stock TJs passed without issue.
2016 Peterbilt 389 Glider - 6NZ C-15, 18spd, 48" sleeper, 285" wb, 3.55 rears on 22.5
2016 Ram 2500 Power Wagon - 6.4 HEMI, Fully locked, RamBox, 285/70r17 Duratracs
1987 Ford F-350 Custom - 460 gasser, 4spd direct, dually single cab, 12' flatbed
Clay bar, polished, and waxed.

[Image: IMG_2879_zpskle0xd8v.jpg]
(06-10-2017, 03:54 PM)Jeepster Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 12:59 AM)RustMonster Wrote: @Jeepster Everyone says that I need a Jeep to do any "serious" trails, but your Power Wagon looks no bigger than any of the Jeeps it's pictured with, and I know damn well the new trucks are way bigger than my '78. Do you have much trouble following them around? Obv. you don't have the size of lift and tires they have, but I mean trail width and things like that, I don't see where yours is any worse than theirs. I'm curious because I'm wondering who I'll be able to follow around once my rig is done. I've got a friend with a built XJ and he swears I'll never follow him and that he can get me stuck, but not get me out due to my weight. I think if I threw a limited slip in both ends I could follow him most places. He's locked on 33s and an 8" lift. I can't run lockers, awd NP203 won't allow it up front. Have a worn out LS rear that I'd have to change everything for as well, so LS it is. Figured my best way of having ideas before I out-do myself is to ask someone experienced.

I don't have a picture right now.  Sad

No fullsize will ever be able to keep up with a Jeep. Period. My Power Wagon has front and rear lockers and I have trouble on level 2 trails, wheras I was doing level 3+ and 4 trails with my 2013, which was on 35s with a leveling kit and no lockers.

Even in minor ruts, my large differential housings are dragging ass where guys in stock TJs passed without issue.

Already found out the hard way just how much I drag the ground. Found a mud pit that sunk me to the frame. My friend's XJ was blown up at the time but I'm sure he would have cruised right by me. I need to invest in lockers, an NP205, and a D60 for the front end. Found out my limited slip was swapped with an open axle before I got the truck so now I don't have to change the carrier for a rear locker. That's probably coming up soon. One thing I like about my fullsize is the fact that I can actually bring basically all the gear I want with me. I may not be able to go quite as far, but anywhere that's worth getting to I can get there.
-Rusty
If people can call gas vehicles "gassers", then can we call diesel vehicles "dieselers"?
Last I checked a gasser is a type of drag car. Get it right.

1999 GMC Jimmy just waxed.. meh!!

2001 Kia Sportage on 31" Mudders. My mud toy.
(06-11-2017, 04:37 AM)RustMonster Wrote: Already found out the hard way just how much I drag the ground. Found a mud pit that sunk me to the frame. My friend's XJ was blown up at the time but I'm sure he would have cruised right by me. I need to invest in lockers, an NP205, and a D60 for the front end. Found out my limited slip was swapped with an open axle before I got the truck so now I don't have to change the carrier for a rear locker. That's probably coming up soon. One thing I like about my fullsize is the fact that I can actually bring basically all the gear I want with me. I may not be able to go quite as far, but anywhere that's worth getting to I can get there.

I had 500 lbs of recovery and camping gear in my JKU. Never met a rock I couldn't climb, or a bog I couldn't make it through. No pick-up or fullsize will ever do what a Jeep can do, dollar for dollar.

So...

Defaulted on my leased Kenworth and bought my Dad's 2016 glider. Partial trade for my old 2003 Pete.

Moved the Ford again.

And rented a 30ft travel trailer for the race this weekend. Anyone else at Michigan Speedway?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2016 Peterbilt 389 Glider - 6NZ C-15, 18spd, 48" sleeper, 285" wb, 3.55 rears on 22.5
2016 Ram 2500 Power Wagon - 6.4 HEMI, Fully locked, RamBox, 285/70r17 Duratracs
1987 Ford F-350 Custom - 460 gasser, 4spd direct, dually single cab, 12' flatbed
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jeepster for this post:
  • Sean