Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIP - Beta released Keyboard Rally Car
Progress Update: Wheels
I made some wheels. The textures need work: at the moment I cannot see my wheels.
However, this vehicle is now all my own work, so I'll release a beta. There are bugs, notably with braking, so be careful.
No post of mine is complete without a screenshot however, so I've attached one of them too.

TheLargeOstrich

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   OstrichTecKeyboardHustler.zip (Size: 2.11 MB / Downloads: 36)
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to TheLargeOstrich for this post:
  • BHelmly99, DirtGamer301, Disloyalpick, Sean, ShawnVallance
Great looking mod! I'll test it and report what i find.
It looks great in-game. Just only problem is it barely moves under the engine's power
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Disloyalpick for this post:
  • TheLargeOstrich
Video 
Progress Update: Flares
I've made some flares. They do not point in the right direction yet. Some are headlights, others are mounted in a lights pod and operated via ctrl+1. I've also added exhausts.
Furthermore, I've made some significant changes to rear suspension geometry, making her far more directionally stable. The tow hook also now works.

Thanks for your feedback DisloyalPick. I'm not having this problem, as you can see in the video below, so what version of RoR are you using, and can you tell what the cause of the problem is?

TheLargeOstrich

.zip   OstrichTecKeyboardHustler.zip (Size: 2.12 MB / Downloads: 33)
The "no power" problem is caused by a invalid propulsed value (4, accepted values are 1-2) in the rear meshwheels, the parser in recent RoR builds treats the line as not propulsed.

Besides that, fantastic progress! The n/b steering wheel is a nice touch. Smile
Progress update: Stability and speed

Suspension geometry changes: A whole heap more travel, some other changes. She will no longer struggle over rutted and knobbly surfaces, provided you keep the speed reasonable.
I've also changed the damping in meshwheels2 so she is waaaay less shaky at speed. She can relatively stablely be taken up to 140ish mph, although she won't stay in a straight line.

Also, she should now actually move for those of you on more recent versions than me.

TheLargeOstrich

.zip   OstrichTecKeyboardHustler.zip (Size: 2.12 MB / Downloads: 31)
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to TheLargeOstrich for this post:
  • atv_123, Disloyalpick, Michael10055, MrSteakPotato, RustMonster, Sean, ShawnVallance
I wonder whats going on now with it. Its been 3 months already Huh
Professional duct tape and sip tie user  Cool
Why right hand drive may I ask?
2006 P71 and
2006 MacBookPro
My old account is HardimJRUHS can't get into it.
(02-19-2017, 01:02 AM)JLHardiRUHS Wrote: Why right hand drive may I ask?

Why not?
[Coming soon: Banner]