Ford thread
You had the perfect chance and truck to drop a 2.3 turbo out of the Thunderbird turbocoupe in it. Would have been perfect, and probably better handling. Stock forged internals, turn up the boost and let it eat. V8 power from a 4 cylinder, no joke.

But be different, do your own thing. At least it's not a 350 like everyone else.

Just as an example, though.

-Rusty
If people can call gas vehicles "gassers", then can we call diesel vehicles "dieselers"?
Last I checked a gasser is a type of drag car. Get it right.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RustMonster for this post:
  • Sean
(11-30-2016, 12:48 AM)RustMonster Wrote: You had the perfect chance and truck to drop a 2.3 turbo out of the Thunderbird turbocoupe in it. Would have been perfect, and probably better handling. Stock forged internals, turn up the boost and let it eat. V8 power from a 4 cylinder, no joke.

But be different, do your own thing. At least it's not a 350 like everyone else.

Just as an example, though.

2.3l turbo coupe motors along with all the wiring and whatnot to go with it are a pain to find and usually expensive in my area.

I really don't care about being different, or even going fast. this truck is just something fun to beat around in. and being a SBC it's going to be reliable and cheap to fix. I got the motor for free, the trans was 250$, already had the intake I'm going to use, so going SBC was also little to no cost for me.
(11-29-2016, 11:25 PM)84blazre Wrote: Only way to make a ford reliable...put a chevy motor in it. Cool

all bullshit aside, I bought this truck 4 years ago for $400. '84 ranger with 2.3l 4 cyl and 5 speed. put a chevrolet 1 wire alternator on it and gave it to my brother. drove the wheels off of it until a couple months ago when the transmission took a dump. never changed the oil, plugs, plug wires, nothing. ran strong till the end. pulled it for a sbc and 5 speed swap. currently in process.

I beg to differ. 
1993 F350 460
All original parts...mostly

1984 F150 custom shortbed
Unknown motor but it was a good one.
Dads first truck, but he didn't keep it because the idiots at the 4wd shop messed up his lift. Notice the skinny arms on the front in the beach picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ModMan01 for this post:
  • Sean
(11-30-2016, 01:13 AM)ModMan01 Wrote:
(11-29-2016, 11:25 PM)84blazre Wrote: Only way to make a ford reliable...put a chevy motor in it. Cool

all bullshit aside, I bought this truck 4 years ago for $400. '84 ranger with 2.3l 4 cyl and 5 speed. put a chevrolet 1 wire alternator on it and gave it to my brother. drove the wheels off of it until a couple months ago when the transmission took a dump. never changed the oil, plugs, plug wires, nothing. ran strong till the end. pulled it for a sbc and 5 speed swap. currently in process.

I beg to differ. 
1993 F350 460

Dads first truck, but he didn't keep it because the idiots at the 4wd shop messed up his lift. Notice the skinny arms on the front in the beach picture.

I thought it was apparent that I was being sarcastic. apparently not.

I know multiple people with over 500,000 miles on fords with minimal repairs. I know multiple people who can't make it out of their driveway in the same exact make and model ford.

Same for Chevrolet and Dodge.

at the end of the day find which one works for you and stick to it. Chevrolet works for me, if I get in a dodge or ford I probably have to call the tow truck to get home. at the same time my brother drives dodges religiously and has 0 problems. And my other brother drove this ford ranger for 4 years with 0 maintenance and never had a real problem until a John Force style burnout where the transmission finally threw in the towel.

carry on. Angel
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to 84blazre for this post:
  • Sean
(11-30-2016, 01:34 AM)84blazre Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 01:13 AM)ModMan01 Wrote:

I beg to differ. 
1993 F350 460

I thought it was apparent that I was being sarcastic. apparently not.

I know multiple people with over 500,000 miles on fords with minimal repairs. I know multiple people who can't make it out of their driveway in the same exact make and model ford.

Same for Chevrolet and Dodge.

at the end of the day find which one works for you and stick to it. Chevrolet works for me, if I get in a dodge or ford I probably have to call the tow truck to get home. at the same time my brother drives dodges religiously and has 0 problems. And my other brother drove this ford ranger for 4 years with 0 maintenance and never had a real problem until a John Force style burnout where the transmission finally threw in the towel.

carry on. Angel

That was beautiful... Rolleyes 

I was joking also
in pieces

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Heart My Haters.
Looks like my MTD 990 now. It's sitting out back with no body parts, too. Don't let yours be like that as long as mine has been (and probably will be  Dodgy).
-Rusty
If people can call gas vehicles "gassers", then can we call diesel vehicles "dieselers"?
Last I checked a gasser is a type of drag car. Get it right.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RustMonster for this post:
  • That_Drift_Chick
(12-03-2016, 08:13 PM)That_Drift_Chick Wrote: in pieces

Looks good enough to drive now!
(11-20-2016, 08:57 PM)THEPROJECTPROSPECTOR Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 07:25 PM)That_Drift_Chick Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 05:19 PM)THEPROJECTPROSPECTOR Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 07:43 AM)That_Drift_Chick Wrote: '67 F-100 Camper/Special, Ranger, 352 FE Big Block, 1500 original miles, 400 on rebuilt motor. (truck was parked for most of its life and only used to go camping in the summers.)

'79 F150 4x4, Currently setup with a 351M/400 with 300k on body, unknown on motor.

will add more pics of other cars/trucks later

Whats going on sean you still talk to josh? Hows your rat rod?

What? My names not Sean?
Lol you talked to josh all the time your name on the old forum was 67f100 you made ketchup parts.. don't try and pull anything, honestly why would a girl play this game?

Honestly, this is why gamers get the stigma of being fat idiots who watch anime. This is what it wrong with the gaming community, everyone assumes that if a girl likes games, she is just posing, this needs to change. I, a 17 y/o male, am tired of it.
Current specs: (updated: 9/22/16)
Dell Inspiron 530
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
Radeon X1050 GPU
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.00 GHz
8GB RAM