“Select Destination Location” Not showing up on setup.

la00

I recently got a 1TB SSD drive and I was trying to install rigs of rods onto my D: drive. However, it doesn’t show the select destination location screen, it just shows the user agreement, select components, and additional tasks. Any help would be appreciated.

I believe the destination folder option doesn't appear after running the installer once, it assumes you're just wanting to reinstall the game so it doesn't allow you to choose a different directory. Only solution I know of would be to remove entries from the Windows registry, which I won't go over here.

Instead, if you already have the game installed, you can copy the C:\Program Files\Rigs of Rods folder to your other drive then run the uninstaller to remove the original files.

Another option is to download the zipped release instead from Itch: https://rigs-of-rods.itch.io/rigs-of-rods
With this you may have to install the Visual C++ Redistributable and DirectX Runtime manually.

Regardless of where the game is installed to, the user folder (Documents\My Games\Rigs of Rods) remains. This folder contains all mods, which usually ends up taking up much more space than the game itself. There's two ways of moving this folder:
  • Create a config folder inside the install directory (see both methods on the General FAQ)
  • Set a folder path using the Extra mod path option in Settings -> General. With this the game will load mods from the specified folder.

Back