96 Mustang cobra mystic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I have a 99 Porsche boxster and it's just too expensive to maintain. How are they on fuel economy if u drive it normally? Yeah i'm definitely done with foreign cars, but my budget is very limited at the moment. Planning on selling my boxster for 8 maybe 9k and paying off the rest of the loan on the car so I can get a mustang...

Last edited:
I would guess your are probably going to get fuel economy in the range of 14-20MPG

As a Mechanic, I have seen that the 90's Mustangs have their fair share of problems. Not many in the engine (other than the secondary air injection pump not registering 3 times on the same car, but to be fair, the kid was trying too hard) but mostly suspension and steering. When I towed, the majority of tows I did on Mustangs were for snapped ball joints on the driver side. I have done at least a half dozen control arms, inner and outer tie rods, and struts. It all seems to be on the drivers side that these all fail as well. If you go with it, I would make sure that the front suspension has been upgraded before going all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back