a hot rod type car

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy

ajeems
i looked at a old rigs of rods video dates back to 2007 and it was about new sounds and i came across this car
hodwakodakdpoakdakawda.png

maybe i can just skin it

quick question how do you make the car wheel wider or add more wheels on 1 certain wheel just like the wheels on the picture

All you will have to do is go down to the nodes section, figure out which nodes are the ones that you want to move (should be fairly easy if you have node names pulled up in game, or you could just scroll down to the wheels section and have a look there) and then adjust your X coordinate for the nodes you want to move. The wheels (or at lest the modern ones I think) should just auto adjust the width to whatever the distance between the two hub nodes are. You should also adjust the width in the wheels section, but, like I said, I think it is done automagically in game now, so that little bit of information is probably useless now.

Wheel width has always been determined by the distance between node1 and node2, I've never heard of the width value in the wheels section ever actually doing anything. Easiest way to adjust width is by editing the outer wheel node's (usually node2) Z value.

Wheel width has always been determined by the distance between node1 and node2, I've never heard of the width value in the wheels section ever actually doing anything. Easiest way to adjust width is by editing the outer wheel node's (usually node2) Z value.
A long long time ago it used to... like in 0.29 I think it did. but it didn't adjust normally, it would keep one side of the wheel even with one node, and then the other side would be offset. This could end up making some really weird cone like wheels if you weren't careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back