Any of the OG`s back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all I was Zanjani13 on the old forums back when I was using 0.38 of RoR.
I am glad to be back on the forums and glad the game is re-invented. Any of the original members back online again like myself?
Nice to see alot of of the good quality mods are back also and some new ones. But I also noticed original creators like Gabester did not
return to the community.

Figured I would give a little blob about myself and hope to connect with the old members I did years ago.
Z13

Negativeice is occasionally online, as is voulk and I think even Darthcain. Most of the OG creators have moved onto BeamNG, as with Gabester (he is one of the developers there).

Welcome back!

A few people have changed their names. Austin used to be DJ_Jasper, Michael10055 was hotrod55, Brett was brkillpack, MrSteakPotato was Jaw-4, Jesse was xTakedown_JnR and I was DODGE charger. But basically the entire staff is comprised of old members: https://forum.rigsofrods.org/showgroups.php

Lifter even showed up for a few months last year, and box5 spent a night chatting in our discord server. I'd also like to add that very few old RoR modders actually moved to BeamNG, and the ones that did didn't stick around for long.

OG member

i kno i wasn't that well known back n the day but i'm back now and sorta looking forward to finally finishing the maps and trucks i was working on back n the day.
and mayb find all my old projects to revitalize. as i'm glad to c that the community is still strong. and yes i was gona make the jump to BeamNG with some of the other guys i talked with but just never stayed with it...

well i'm back and hope all is well

[MENTION=3]Charger[/MENTION] Thanks and its nice to be back online. I enjoy the game very much so and I am looking forward to engaging in the community again!

Pretty sure my old account used to be Bf449. So much has changed since i was last here.

Pretty sure my old account used to be Bf449. So much has changed since i was last here.

Your name was definitely BF449. In fact I still have the dragster we were working on, lol.

One good thing I found is I downloaded all my favorite high quality mods from the old days and There is still new ones being constructed

I am still floating around... been here so long I think the only way to get rid of me is to shut this place down and I don't see that happening any time soon ;)

I've been around for quite a few years. Can't remember my old username, but I think it might have been TaterbugEric or something along these lines. It's been a while. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly happened, it's been a long time since I've been here and everything has changed. Didn't even know RoR was updated at all. This is the game that got me into PC gaming and I'm definitely glad to be back. I still have one of the old versions on my Laptop and a couple hundred or so mods from the old Repository. It seems everything was backed up, but I'll be glad to provide if anyone wants them. They're all forward compatible of course, right?

I feel like I'm relearning the entire game again!

Welcome back!
maps might not be, after 0.39 a new terrain system was added and maps had to be converted over.

most vehicles are forward compatible, but a dropbox of mods and maps that will work in older versions would be nice providing they're all legal.

Most maps are being fixed to work with newer verisons, and if there's something not in the current repo the can be added with the uplaod request thread.

I feel like RoR is definitely past it’s peak, and maybe even dying a little, which is a bummer. It kinda feels like the players that are left are losing interest or moving to BeamNG, and the rest are just kinda playing with a bunch of older mods, while not a ton of new ones are available. :(

it's past it's peak for sure, but not dying per se. the community's becomoing more tight knit, but the game's in far more active development and there are still awesome mods being made. Most people who went to beamng gave up because of their dreadful community, or went back to ror.

hell, lifter, who trailed off after 0.37 was back for a while last year and helped with some mods for what it seems, and box5 came back for a bit.

people are gonna keep coming back, but i don't think the game will die completley.

i mean, a video of a car exploding that i posted like 20 days ago got like 400 views.

people are still sorta interested, and as this game actually runs compared to beamng and looks better especially with reshade, and it being free, is a pulling point for people to come hjere.

I was Offical_imenw back in the day. been in RoR since 2011, made the account in 2012. Joined since I liked the community, peaked my interest. Made me learn how to model and create vehicles of my own.Which,well, sorta remain unreleased...Will fix that at some point. Been around 3 out of the 4 RoR websites so that's cool, I guess. Slowly making myself noticeable.
I got a fancy green invited tag now.

Found the game back in 0.33d, first version I remember, didn't have good internet so I played off a flash drive id take to my grandma's to download mods.

Came back in 2012 when I had decent internet and have stuck around since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back