Blender ".mesh" exporter?

Pullunit_22

I like motors lol
Hi, I haven't played Rigs of Rods in a while, I used to export models I made from Blender to Sketchup, then export from Sketchup to ".mesh" format. Does an exporter for Blender exist to export ".mesh" directly from blender? Thank you!

Yes, there is an exporter that will allow you to do this, I will give you a link for you to install the plug and all you need to do is follow my steps:
https://github.com/CuriousMike56/RoROgreAddons/releases/download/0.7.1-RoR/RoR_ImportExport_0.7.1.zip

Well, After you have installed it, open your blender, in the File option look for User preferences
1609660672313.png

Once you have done this, just below all options, this will be
1609660903769.png

By clicking on this option, look for where the RoR Importer & Exporter .Zip folder is located,
Select the .Zip folder, and restart blender

Now repeating the same processes as before, You will go to User preferences, and go to the Add-ons option,
There is an Importer-Exporter category within this option to make things easier, look for these two options:
1609661624650.png

Select these two options and BOOM, convert any "mesh." and send it directly to blender. Hope this helps!!

Yes, there is an exporter that will allow you to do this, I will give you a link for you to install the plug and all you need to do is follow my steps:
https://github.com/CuriousMike56/RoROgreAddons/releases/download/0.7.1-RoR/RoR_ImportExport_0.7.1.zip

Well, After you have installed it, open your blender, in the File option look for User preferences
View attachment 10403

Once you have done this, just below all options, this will be
View attachment 10406

By clicking on this option, look for where the RoR Importer & Exporter .Zip folder is located,
Select the .Zip folder, and restart blender

Now repeating the same processes as before, You will go to User preferences, and go to the Add-ons option,
There is an Importer-Exporter category within this option to make things easier, look for these two options:
View attachment 10412

Select these two options and BOOM, convert any "mesh." and send it directly to blender. Hope this helps!!
Thank you very much! Super excited that Blender has an exporter for .mesh. this will pair right along with the .truck exporter that was made for 2.49b. Gives me more motivation to export since I don't have to go through Sketchup anymore!

Thank you very much! Super excited that Blender has an exporter for .mesh. this will pair right along with the .truck exporter that was made for 2.49b. Gives me more motivation to export since I don't have to go through Sketchup anymore!
there is a .truck exporter for 2.79 as well.
so the only blender version you really need is 2.79b

there is a .truck exporter for 2.79 as well.
so the only blender version you really need is 2.79b
Sorry for the late reply, did not know this!, that makes it so much easier just to use one version of blender. Would you happen to know where to download this at? thank you!

https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.79/
just select the desired version ( 2.79b.zip )
Thank you! sorry for the super late replies, I've been a little busy. I just downloaded the importer, and have tried to import a mesh from the Ford F series pack, and keep getting an error. I've tried to figure it out, but I'm not very good at figure out computer coding/scripting. Here's the error I keep getting:

1615785569566.png

I feel like the part that says ''c:\\users\\documents\\f150_84_bed.mesh.xml' has something to do with it, being that there's double backslashes but I just can't figure it out.
Would you happen to know what is causing that? thanks!

Back