Custom input map - cannot get plane throttle slider to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Hello,

I'm making a custom input map for a Logitech Attack 3 (flight stick kind of controller) using the RoR Input Mapping Tool.

I used the "AIRPLANE_THROTTLE_AXIS" input event and chose "JoystickAxis" input type, for the physical slider on the controller. Works fine in the test screen of the tool, but does nothing when in game.

I don't think I can use "JoystickSlider" input type, because in RoR.log where it detects the controller, it says there are 0 sliders and 3 axes meaning my "slider" is not actually a slider.

Any help would be appreciated, it's already a lot of fun to fly with a stick and having a working throttle would complete the experience.

Thank you.

Attachments

• RoR.log
    138.9 KB · Views: 320
  • Logitech_Attack_3.txt
    666 bytes · Views: 300
Last edited:
I did some testing, and..

I can use the controller's physical throttle slider if I assign it to anything else (e.g. AIRPLANE_STEER_LEFT) as a JoystickAxis and it works fine even in game.
I tried using another axis from the controller as the throttle axis. That doesn't work either, at all.

I also tried all the planes and "AIRPLANE_THROTTLE_AXIS" doesn't work with any of them, leading me to believe that either
a) none of the planes I've tried support this form of throttle control
b) AIRPLANE_THROTTLE_AXIS despite its name only works with JoystickSlider input type, of which RoR says I have none (my physical throttle slider is detected as an axis)
c) it's a bug

Any input on this would be appreciated, as I'm not sure how to proceed. Thank you

Edit:
Either something changed in RoR since 0.4.8.0-RC5, or having Logitech Gaming Software (Logitech Profiler 5.10.127 x64) made a difference and the physical throttle slider now works as it should, in RoR.
RoR now detects it as Logitech_Attack_3_USB instead of Logitech_Attack_3. The "slider" is still detected and treated as a JoystickAxis.

Code:
10:13:53: Creating Joystick 2 (Logitech Attack 3 USB)
10:13:53: * Axes: 3
10:13:53: * Sliders: 0
. . .
10:13:53:  * Loading input mapping Logitech_Attack_3_USB.map
10:13:53:  * Input map successfully loaded: 21 entries

Code:
AIRPLANE_THROTTLE_AXIS         JoystickAxis         0 0 REVERSE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back