Game Won't launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus 584 UFT

Version 2021.04 won't launch with no error. Earlier versions worked with no problems

Acer Aspire 5
AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.60 GHz
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home version 20H2

Attachments

• RoR.log
    2.8 KB · Views: 275
Can you try renaming your config folder to config_old and starting RoR, just to check that that isn't causing the problem?

it still won't launch and it doesn't create a new config folder
That's very strange. I know this happened to someone who used a .zip version of RoR, and put it into a folder named with accented letters.

The recent announcement said that the config between 2021.02 and 2021.04 may not be compatible, that's why it was worth trying what you just tried.

I'm sorry to say, but having looked at the log, I'm pretty clueless and don't have any other suggestions. Maybe someone else can suggest something?

If all fails, you could just try renaming your My Games\Rigs of Rods\ folder, uninstalling RoR and starting fresh, before moving your mods back.

ok, so the problem was compatibility mode, when I set the compatibility mode to windows vista, It started up just fine.

That's very strange!

I run RoR on Windows 10 normally without having to mess with any compatibility options.

Nice to hear you got it working, appreciate you sharing your solution - will be a good future reference for someone else, I'm sure.

I still wonder what the cause of this problem might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back