Hello and HELP (OgreXMLConverter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenAii

Fabulous Member
I was absent for like a millennium, and now that I have some free time I decided to continue with doing mods to be used in RoR but I lose track with the development and requirements for modding.

So according to the RoR documentation, I need:
  • RoR (latest version got it)
  • Blender 2.79b (got it)
  • Ogre Import\Export (also got it)
  • NotePad (yes)
  • OgreMeshy (I don't know, never use it but got it as well)
The only thing is missing, the ogrexmlconverter. The doc said it was in the game folder, but I found nothing. Also I downloaded from some other site but the ogrexmlconverter is not working. Is there any new version of ogrexmlconverter or does modding now don't need that thing or, what? Please help.

Also years ago when I mod some car nodes, I use blender too, is that still a thing? or is there any other software that we could use to mod meshes and nodes?

If I posted this in the wrong section please pardon me.

Its been like since 04/06/2021 all the people had to deal with this problem, got numerous reports from friends and members from my discord group, i was unable to export my stuff to ror anymore, Ogre Import\Export 0.7.1 plugins and blender 2.79b are definitely dead, i fixed it just by dropping blender version and plugins so i think you should do the same, drop blender version to something like 2.78c, its the current blender version i am using right now, and pulgins are 0.5.8 Export/Import plugins, i can warrant this wont bother in anything and everything will get back working, and uhh, ogremeshy is where you can get the mnual XMLconverter

i am still searching till nowdays whats causing blender 2.79b and the plugins act like it, i even created a thread just all about this issue so i think you should check

also there was a point that i was unable to import .meshxml to blender for some reason and i managed to fix it, i dont know how though lol...

Also years ago when I mod some car nodes, I use blender too, is that still a thing? or is there any other software that we could use to mod meshes and nodes?
Yes you can still using blender to modify existent Nbs but theres also NodeSnap, messing with detailed N/Bs with blender is not the best way imo for it then nodesnap can be more useful tho, heres the download: Beta - nodeSnap: Truckfile editor | Rigs of Rods Community

Its been like since 04/06/2021 all the people had to deal with this problem, got numerous reports from friends and members from my discord group, i was unable to export my stuff to ror anymore, Ogre Import\Export 0.7.1 plugins and blender 2.79b are definitely dead, i fixed it just by dropping blender version and plugins so i think you should do the same, drop blender version to something like 2.78c, its the current blender version i am using right now, and pulgins are 0.5.8 Export/Import plugins, i can warrant this wont bother in anything and everything will get back working, and uhh, ogremeshy is where you can get the mnual XMLconverter

i am still searching till nowdays whats causing blender 2.79b and the plugins act like it, i even created a thread just all about this issue so i think you should check

also there was a point that i was unable to import .meshxml to blender for some reason and i managed to fix it, i dont know how though lol...

Yes you can still using blender to modify existent Nbs but theres also NodeSnap, messing with detailed N/Bs with blender is not the best way imo for it then nodesnap can be more useful tho, heres the download: Beta - nodeSnap: Truckfile editor | Rigs of Rods Community
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH. Now I can finally finish my old mods just laying around on my old drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back