Help? Advice? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TankurfaceJr

Redneck Gearhead, PH.D
Soo... yeah, uh, hey guys, I'm TankurfaceJr, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me with modding. I want to create mods from the ground up, not convert it. I'm new to the whole modding thing, but I am hell-bent and determined to learn.

So I was planning on making a some dirt-track race cars first, because they generally have no lights. My friend races one in real life, and I would love to surprise him. I haven't been able to make heads or tails of the docs, so if anybody could help me understand what to do, I'd be incredibly grateful.

(PS: The pictures included are of cars I have seen in real life, because they are owned by my family.)
EmbeddedImage (16).jpg
EmbeddedImage (15).jpg
EmbeddedImage (14).jpg
EmbeddedImage.png
EmbeddedImage (13).jpg
EmbeddedImage (12).jpg
EmbeddedImage (11).jpg
EmbeddedImage (10).jpg
EmbeddedImage (9).jpg
EmbeddedImage (8).jpg
EmbeddedImage (7).jpg
EmbeddedImage (6).jpg
EmbeddedImage (5).jpg
EmbeddedImage (4).jpg
EmbeddedImage (3).jpg
EmbeddedImage (2).jpg
Cody win.jpg
Jim Gump.jpg
EmbeddedImage (1).jpg
EmbeddedImage.jpg
download (3).jpg
download (2).jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Cheers,

TankurfaceJr

Mode creation is very complex. Few members put some effort to create Rigs of Rods documentation.

hi i read the Docs and don't really understand them
TankurfaceJr

here is a link to the Docs that explain things

👍

There is a .. very steep learning curve if you have no prior experience with RoR and 3d-modelling.

Maybe a year ago, I spent a few hours trying to make sense of the Docs, and was able to make a node and beam structure (cage/skeleton) that drove and was able to turn. That's as far as I ever got.

It's very difficult to write the documentation in such a way that it is short, and able to be understood by everyone. They really tried their best to explain things, but reading it, I had so many questions and gaps in knowledge and had to look things up.

Generally, people are not willing to spend time to explain things that are already explained on the Docs.. though, if you have any specific questions, maybe the people on discord would be able to answer them?

I'd suggest starting with something very simple, like a box, that you can add wheels to, later. You'll learn a lot about the process, just from that.

It's importent to starting creating something. Even a simple box with wheels or even without. And experimenting with it. Modding for ror is always: try and fail and try again method. Make a simple box, then read about wheels add this section to it and test. Then check documentation for hydros. Learn in small steps it's satisfying to. I remember my first one boxx with wheels and arm that I can move up and down.

Meantime check YouTube for some blender tutorials and start create simple models. Then if you need come here with specific problem you come across and for sure sombody will help you.

Even experienced moders often checking documentation because us

Last edited:
I gotcha. I appreciate it, PoLi. I really love your Foxbody's. They are my favorite mod of all time, thy don't deform on spawn, they don't over-accelerate causing loss of control. They are AMAZING. It means a lot coming from you, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back