how to fix old mods

jonathan2025

how i do to fix there mod????

Attachments

• screenshot_2023-01-07_20-11-06_1.png
    screenshot_2023-01-07_20-11-06_1.png
    852.6 KB · Views: 87
From the Repository Upload Requests thread:
The reason very old mods usually have broken materials is due to how the installation of mods worked back then, before RoR supported zip files (and didn't have a Documents user folder) the only way to install a mod was to extract the contents into the data\trucks folder. Since that folder already had the required materials, you didn't need to include those. For mods with this issue all you need to do is find the material file and textures used in the "globals" section at the top of the truck file, place those files into the zip, then update the "globals" material name if necessary.
To find the original material and textures, you first need to know the truck the mod is based on. The truck in your screenshot appears to be based on the DAF Semi, so in this case you'd go into dafsemi.zip (a default mod included with RoR, located inside the content folder) , open b6b0UID-semi.truck, and look at the material name listed under the globals section:
Code:
globals
;mass
10000.0,  0.0, b6b0UID-tracks/semi
b6b0UID-tracks/semi is the material name. Now open the problematic mod's truck file and replace the material name in its globals section with the name from the original truck. Then just copy and paste the .material file along with the textures into the mod zip, for the DAF Semi those files are b6b0UID-semi.material, b6b0UID-semi.dds and b6b0UID-ampliroll_emissive.dds.

Yes, but I'd have to see the trailer files to know which materials they're using.
if ur know name of the trailer incluide with the truck is the HW80 there is the zip if ur foud the material and is possible to exists a program to fix there. ??

Attachments

• DAF4x4_with_HW80.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Turns out I already have a fixed version in my files:
screenshot_2023-01-08_14-49-47_1.png
This mod just uses the material from the DAF Ampliroll (c69ffUID-tracks/ampliroll).

Attachments

• DAF4x4_with_HW80.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
Back