Is it possible to easily customize cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't exist

Disappearing Member
I've seen lots of custom-looking cars on the Random Screens thread, so I want to know if it's possible to easily tune and customize cars, both in performance and aesthetics. Specifically, I'm talking about mostly Gabester vehicle pack cars.
Also, is there an easy way to convert, for example, .fbx or .obj files into a .mesh?

Last edited:
It's fairly easy to modify the .truck file and tweak the vehicle parts. Making/editing skins can vary in difficulty depending on the vehicle, however this is usually fairly easy as well (it's just an image).

As for converting to .mesh files (assuming you're using Blender), this tool should help: https://github.com/OGRECave/blender2ogre

As a modder myself I learned from being taught by someone, you can try out there tunes and learn from what they did to there car. And best of all you can always mess around stuff in the truckfile asssuming your not going to mess with the nodes :/ either way you can mess with the cars running gear or for the burnside front axles and rear axles. Hope this reply helps along with @TheDude53 's explanation to mesh editing! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back