issues mapping inputs for xbox 1 controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKM01

Hello, I am back again, and I decided to edit the input map for the Xbox 1 controller (since I currently do not have my wheel) and I seem to have ran into an issue. Currently, using input mapping to 0.2.1, I go to try and map buttons on the Dpad of the controller, and it doesn't detect the buttons of the Dpad. I press escape and it defaults the key to the A button. I tried restarting the mapping tool and unplugging and re-plugging in the controller. does not fix my issue. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Hi,

No idea why the Input Mapping Tool doesn't detect the inputs from the d-pad, sorry.
I guess the easy way around this would be to (after re-assigning other controls you want) edit the input map in notepad, manually, and change the events for the d-pad. You could use the input map from the repository as an example if the events aren't there at all

Hi,

No idea why the Input Mapping Tool doesn't detect the inputs from the d-pad, sorry.
I guess the easy way around this would be to (after re-assigning other controls you want) edit the input map in notepad, manually, and change the events for the d-pad. You could use the input map from the repository as an example if the events aren't there at all
I can try, but I was editing it for my preference, but ye. I guess I'll try to do that way here in the next day or so

well... Okay, that semi fixed the issue, but it now appears I cannot assign what I want to the dpad. What I had originally planned for the dpad was for shift up and down, and truck ignition and start. but that seems to be out the window with how I think how it allows it to be set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back