Mod Development Slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do our work in our own free time, lately its been hard to come by for me. We don't get compensation for our work so development happens when it can.

Anyone can mod though, start here. Rigs of Rods Documentation

Last edited:
also [MENTION=1192]kschroe_dev[/MENTION] there is another batch of mods in a repository in the forum archives. there are plenty of mods to start with, however if you want any specific vehicle/model, you are free to contribute as RoR is community driven.

Another thing to consider is the age of this game. This (wonderful) game, no matter how dedicated one is to it, gets old. Mod creators move on, to games like BeamNG, Wreckfest, and so many others. RoR is an amazing game, but now, over a decade later, the truly great mod makers have moved on. Some get bored, others get tired of the constant nagging of requests. I see it everyday in the old repo: people protruding a constant stream of requests on a WIP thread, the released version buried in a sea of ideas, creators withholding them as punishment. It is sad to see, but this could also be an opportunity for emerging creators. If I may put it this way, when the notable content creators of RoR leave for other things, the mass of attention then turns to the smaller creators, whether they are the ones just starting to model or the ones that produce great things, but are not featured or are ignored because another, more notable creator just released a new vehicle.

This can be seen as an opportunity, to dip into modding, to make your first vehicle, to get advice from those dedicated to the game, other small creators. It may sound odd, but this may also be the truth.

That and don't forget that real life has a way of creeping up and destroying any kind of forward progress a mod has. That's mostly why I haven't released anything in years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back