Multiplayer: Flares, Sounds, Voice chat, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchoolBusDriver71

This forum is about things that I personally think should be added to Multiplayer. None of this is official, this strictly idea's from a long time user of Rigs of Rods. @Zentro @Austin @only_a_ptr @AnotherFoxGuy This is for y'all since you guys are developers.

Flares:
In some Rigs of Rods communities for example the bus community, limited flares are an issue. If you didn't know, Rigs of Rods multiplayer servers have a limit set to where users can only see the top 4 non essential flares in the truck file, essential flares being turn signals, head lights, brake lights, and reverse lights. My idea is there is no limit to flares on Rigs of Rods servers, but rather a personal limit you set. For FPS reasons, you may not want to see all flares, so in your multiplayer settings, you would be able to set a limit to flares that you can see. This would resolve issues in some Rigs of Rods communities, make several people enjoy the game more, and potentially attract more users to the game.

Flare bindings
This is basically the same above. But I wanted to shed more light on flare bindings. On actual flares, in multiplayer you can only see the top 4 non essential flares, but you cant see any non essential flare bindings. Now you would be able too see all flare bindings, but able to limit how many you can see for FPS reasons, just like flares.

Sounds
In multiplayer, you can only hear so many sounds. Engine sounds, tire sounds (if equipped), and reverse alarm (if equipped). With this idea, you'd be able to hear all sounds. You would be able to control if you can hear the sounds outside the vehicle, in the truck file. You would also be able to hear soundscripts3 (future forum coming), and you would be able to control if you hear it outside the vehicle, in the truck file. This would make the game more realistic, and more enjoyable.

Voice Chat
Having a voice chat system on multiplayer would make the game more realistic and enjoyable. It also would increase communication, and make it easier to communicate in general. American Truck simulator has a VC system that is very functional. For my idea, you could join the VC, mute your mic, change channels, change volume, etc. You could assign a key to the mic function. Really, this would increase the communication, and make the game better.

End statement
In conclusion, these things would improve the game. Better multiplayer options can attract more people to the game. The improvements would make a big a impact on how Rigs of Rods is seen. Please consider these improvements, and maybe a new version of Rigs of Rods can be born.

The RoR Discord has a Multiplayer VC, But I agree with all of your ideas!
This really would make multiplayer a little nicer!

i think all these features would make mp a lot nicer
in fact having the improved mp collisions would definitely along with the better flare/sound features
they'd improve rp with towing other's vehicles, & they'd also add wayy more ways to play mp like demo derbies & tug of war

This forum is about things that I personally think should be added to Multiplayer. None of this is official, this strictly idea's from a long time user of Rigs of Rods. @Zentro @Austin @only_a_ptr @AnotherFoxGuy This is for y'all since you guys are developers.

#notadeveloper

Flares:
In some Rigs of Rods communities for example the bus community, limited flares are an issue. If you didn't know, Rigs of Rods multiplayer servers have a limit set to where users can only see the top 4 non essential flares in the truck file, essential flares being turn signals, head lights, brake lights, and reverse lights. My idea is there is no limit to flares on Rigs of Rods servers, but rather a personal limit you set. For FPS reasons, you may not want to see all flares, so in your multiplayer settings, you would be able to set a limit to flares that you can see. This would resolve issues in some Rigs of Rods communities, make several people enjoy the game more, and potentially attract more users to the game.

Increased to 10 from 4

Flare bindings
This is basically the same above. But I wanted to shed more light on flare bindings. On actual flares, in multiplayer you can only see the top 4 non essential flares, but you cant see any non essential flare bindings. Now you would be able too see all flare bindings, but able to limit how many you can see for FPS reasons, just like flares.

This is the same thing as above.

Voice Chat
Having a voice chat system on multiplayer would make the game more realistic and enjoyable. It also would increase communication, and make it easier to communicate in general. American Truck simulator has a VC system that is very functional. For my idea, you could join the VC, mute your mic, change channels, change volume, etc. You could assign a key to the mic function. Really, this would increase the communication, and make the game better.

Too many external programs (discord, teamspeak, ventrillo, mumble, etc.) no need to waste the developer's time on making something subpar built-in.

Hello @SchoolBusDriver71 and thanks for the well formulated feedback.

Flares: as a matter of fact, we adressed exactly this in https://github.com/RigsOfRods/rigs-of-rods/pull/2729
Flare groups: also adressed in https://github.com/RigsOfRods/rigs-of-rods/pull/2729 - all 10 custom flare bindings are now synchronized.
Sounds: All sounds should work in multiplayer. If you noticed some specific sounds don't work, please issue a GitHub ticket about it: https://github.com/RigsOfRods/rigs-of-rods/issues
Voice chat: As Austin said above, that would be to much extra work for us. Please use an external voice app.

i think should have server bookmarks for direct ip

just in case you happened to forget the info to a private server, you could have that bookmarked
then use that bookmark to fill in the boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back