New here, have a few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

25or624

Proud BeamNG player, car enthusiast
I started playing RoR a few months ago, and I had a few questions about the game. My first would be how do you use interchangeable parts? I hear a lot about interchangeable parts on mods, but I don?t know how to use them. Do you actually go into the vehicle?s files, or is there a parts selector type of thing like BeamNG drive? My second is how do you change the color of vehicles? Again, is this an ingame thing of something in the game files or something else I don?t know about? Thanks in advance, and if there?s any other tips for newbies or whatever I?d love to hear them.

I started playing RoR a few months ago, and I had a few questions about the game.

Welcome to RoR.

My first would be how do you use interchangeable parts? I hear a lot about interchangeable parts on mods, but I don?t know how to use them. Do you actually go into the vehicle?s files, or is there a parts selector type of thing like BeamNG drive?

Most mod makers that have interchangeable parts will use semicolons in the props section of the .truck file to comment out the parts that are not on by default. Truck file format -

You'll have to add or remove (;)'s to hide or show different meshes.

My second is how do you change the color of vehicles? Again, is this an in-game thing of something in the game files or something else I don?t know about?

All the textures will be in the .zip file and most likely be .png or .dds. Some mod creators will have a PDN or PSD included to allow easier modification of the textures without damaging the AO bake layer. But for a simple recolor you can simply adjust the hue.

Thanks in advance, and if there?s any other tips for newbies or whatever I?d love to hear them.

Rigs of Rods Documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back