Posting modded vehicles

Spoonie22

RoR player and aviation enthusiast
Hey everyone, this is my first post and sorry if I put it in the wrong forum section, but I have a question about modding cars in Rigs of Rods:
I looked at the zip file for the BMW E39 car and edited the .truck file to make it go very fast. But my friend wants to try it out and I wondered if I am allowed to post it on the repository so he can download it to his computer. Just to make it clear that this is not my design, texture, n/b or anything, I have only changed the .truck file. If I am allowed, I assume I need to credit the original makers, PrT_Audiman and Gabester?

So sorry if this is already stated somewhere else, but I couldn't find it in the documentation. Also, if I'm not allowed to do this that's absolutely fine, I was just interested.

Please let me know if you have any information on this

-Spoonie22

Generally, unless you have permission from the author and/or you've made a significant improvement and get approval from the staff here, it just won't get accepted to the repo, you may have noticed we don't really have duplicates on there, either - e.g. "BMW E39" and "BMW E39 Modded by Spoonie22"

And yes, it seems we take the "crediting people for their work" thing here pretty seriously

You can use mega.nz or drive.google.com or even Discord to share the mod with your friend, and you don't have you send them the whole mod, just what you modified (the truck file)

OK thanks for your reply, this really clears things up. I will try those file sharing alternatives and then I can get the truck file to them.

Back