ROR On ChromeOS

I have found a way to run ROR on ChromeOS.

All you have to do is have google play enabled on your chromebook, if you dont and your computer is not schools use this link: How to Get Play Store On Chromebook Via Developer Channel

Once you have Google Play installed, go ahead and install this: CrossOver on Chrome OS Beta – Applications Android sur Google Play
It is a program that allows you to run all windows types of programs on your computer, and if you want to install anything you are going to have to work for it because it is still in beta and you have to do a lot by your self.

Now you can install the ROR Installer, and Copy it to your downloads folder. If you do not do this, Crossover will not see any of your files. This goes for anything that you install from the play store, you have to move anything you need or want in the game to the downloads folder.

Now you create a name for what you want your program to be called, presumably ROR or Rigs Of Rods. Then Click "Install unlisted Application", then click "Select Installer", then click the ROR Installer.

Give it a minute or so to initialize and see what the program is, then install ROR. On my chromebook, I had to do a minimum install so it would not crash, then download a HQ Pack and then install them to the correct folders to get it to work without crashes.

You should have ROR Installed on your Chromebook now, It does not work perfectly, but Its better than nothing and some maps do not work but if you tweak the settings, I bet you can get the game to work flawlessly.

Any Questions, Just E-Mail Me, Or im on the ROR discord server and my username is RyanT#8305

Thanks, Ryan.

Last edited:

atv_123

Impressive sir!

Assuming that you yourself have done this and also assuming that you did it on a Chromebook... how does it run?

Way back in the day I used to have this obsession with trying to get this game to run on the most underpowered hardware possible. My record was 700MHz and 256Mb of ram. It did a whopping 3FPS!!! Now I would think that a Chromebook could do better than that, but I am still curious all the same.

OP
OP
R
:DIt runs pretty well, even though its a Chromebook. I need to get some more stuff installed, and optimize it more. Some maps do not work, some do. Most of the Default maps that come in the HQPack04 Wont work because its a Chromebook and it can not handle it. Most add on maps work great with an average of 20-30 FPS. I can get 40 on the N-Labs Test map with nothing spawned. I can get 16-17 with a Fummins Collision. Id recommend trying if you could, its fun trying to get stuff to work on something it is not designed for. This is why I do this, also because the game is fun.:D

:DIt runs pretty well, even though its a Chromebook. I need to [...] and optimize it more. Some maps do not work [...] Chromebook and it can not handle it. Most add on maps work great with an average of 20-30 FPS. I can get 40 on the N-Labs Test map with nothing spawned. I can get 16-17 with a Fummins Collision. Id recommend trying if you could, its fun trying to get stuff to work on something it is not designed for. This is why I do this, also because the game is fun.:D
You're using version 0.4.7.0, correct?

akaikitty

It's like running on something like a tablet, this is very impressive aha. Runs like usual intergrated graphs, like my old core 2 duo laptop and atom tablet. Probably the same performace on my thinkpad lol

Pretty cool. I might try this with a schools asus 301, awesome.

OP
OP
R
You're using version 0.4.7.0, correct?

Yeah, Why?

- - - Updated - - -

It's like running on something like a tablet, this is very impressive aha. Runs like usual intergrated graphs, like my old core 2 duo laptop and atom tablet. Probably the same performace on my thinkpad lol

Pretty cool. I might try this with a schools asus 301, awesome.
Thanks Dude, it could run way better, but it could be way worse also.

- - - Updated - - -

whenever i was on the ROR configure app, i pressed save and play and it said error
Which chromebook do you have?

coolman24130

I have found a way to run ROR on ChromeOS.

All you have to do is have google play enabled on your chromebook, if you dont and your computer is not schools use this link: How to Get Play Store On Chromebook Via Developer Channel

Once you have Google Play installed, go ahead and install this: CrossOver on Chrome OS Beta – Applications Android sur Google Play
It is a program that allows you to run all windows types of programs on your computer, and if you want to install anything you are going to have to work for it because it is still in beta and you have to do a lot by your self.

Now you can install the ROR Installer, and Copy it to your downloads folder. If you do not do this, Crossover will not see any of your files. This goes for anything that you install from the play store, you have to move anything you need or want in the game to the downloads folder.

Now you create a name for what you want your program to be called, presumably ROR or Rigs Of Rods. Then Click "Install unlisted Application", then click "Select Installer", then click the ROR Installer.

Give it a minute or so to initialize and see what the program is, then install ROR. On my chromebook, I had to do a minimum install so it would not crash, then download a HQ Pack and then install them to the correct folders to get it to work without crashes.

You should have ROR Installed on your Chromebook now, It does not work perfectly, but Its better than nothing and some maps do not work but if you tweak the settings, I bet you can get the game to work flawlessly.

Any Questions, Just E-Mail Me, Or im on the ROR discord server and my username is RyanT#8305

Thanks, Ryan.
I installed ROR and it's on my device. However, whenever I click the icon, it launches for a bit but it says "An internal error occured in Rigs Of rods".