RoR Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a version of 0.29 floating about somewhere... whenever I am modifying a Node/Beam, I fire that up because it still has the Rig Editor in it and it just makes it a piece of cake for quick modifications.

For me, it has to do with the fact that most cars, maps and content in general was made around that version, so most, if not all of the stuff works flawlessly. I have no experience in the matter but I do remember when content for 0.4 was starting to come up, it was labeled exclusively for 0.4. It wouldn't work, or have multiple issues with the previous version. I really don't know what issues did 0.38 present for it to be replaced by the new version, but for me 0.38 is the best ROR to date.

i have played just about every version pre-0.4x, currently i have 0.39.5 and 0.4.7 installed. I run 0.4.7 for MP RP and still toy around in 0.39.5 in SP due to maps i currently have that have not been converted to the .terrn2 format. I can say that I have even played version 0.11 but came in to the game around 0.26

I have 0.4.7.0. I also have the new HUD at the bottom of the screen. The speedometer takes up way too much space and it doesn't say what the command keys are, so I don't know how to use the orange diesel train and how to raise/lower trailer legs. And when I try to set it to windowed mode, it says I have to restart the game, but I don't know ho to do that. Sorry if I went a bit off-topic, but I couldn't find any threads about the command keys and restarting the game.

Latest version/ Skyx version

anything below 0.4.x is outdated and unsupported :|

No one makes mods for earlier versions of RoR anymore......get with the program

As to VELOCIRAPTOR use the RoR config to configure settings, you can switch between digital or analog for the guages and U hides them (They prob take up space because of your resolution)....CTRL-T shows the command list of the mod you are in (If it has any), T just shows the description.

I always used to use 0.36.2, 0.37.126 and 0.39.5 up to 2015. Now i just use 0.4.7, as a hard drive failure made me lose around 1000 mods, which were traded, legitimate modded vehicles, or my own mods. Lots of things from groups, some legit donator content, all lost to time.

just use wine.

Or grab a copy of windows and use bootcamp on your mac, you should get directx support. The only stable-ish mac version is ancient iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back