Trying to add sounds to a vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

25or624

Proud BeamNG player, car enthusiast
This isnt exactly content creation but I think it fits best here.

I recently downloaded the 1999 Ford Crown Vic and its a decent mod apart from the fact that its missing sounds, so RoR just fills in sounds for it which I dont think matches the car very well. So, I figured Id rip the soundscript from the Burnside (this is for private use only) and threw it into the files. I also put in the .wav files into the Crown Vic .zip, and still nothing works. Does anybody know how this would work?

Last edited:
Did you also add disabledefaultsounds and soundsources to the truck?

No, I didn’t. Those would be found in the soundscript, right?

You'll have to copy the .wav and .soundscript files, along with the disabledefaultsounds and soundsources sections in the truck file:

Code:
disabledefaultsounds

soundsources
4, BurnEngineAcc
4, BurnEngineDec
4, BurnStarter
7, BurnSkid
7, BurnWind
7, Burnrollin
7, Burnbreak
7, Burnshift
7, Burnhorn
7, tracks/default_turn_signal

Okay, thanks. I’ll try that out.

EDIT: I tried putting in the new code, directly copy and pasted from here into the truck file, but still no luck. One thing I might be doing wrong is saving the altered truck file as a text file because I have no option to save it as a truck file.

Last edited:
Okay, so I've tried quite a few things and none of them seem too keen on working. I used the exact code listed here, put it where it was put in some of the official vehicles, and I've had no luck. I put in the code, and then the vehicle becomes invisible, and it still had the default sounds.:confused:

Attachments

• fcvburnconvert.JPG
    fcvburnconvert.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 333
Did you ever figure out what was happening? My computer used to automatically save the file as a truck file when ever I add sounds. For some reason now it saves as a text file.

No, I didnt. Wasnt really worth the effort to me to keep trying.

It wasnt adding the sounds to the file that was the problem, it's not saving as a truck file now.

When you edit a truck file, you need to make a copy of it and place it on your desktop (thats what I do), then when you edit it just press save and it should save. Then put it in the zip of the vehicle you are editing and it will overwrite and your problem should be solved.

You can use 7zip to directly edit the file while inside the .zip.
Alright, thanks. I’ve been a bit inactive for a while, so it’s nice to come back to some solutions.

- - - Updated - - -

When you edit a truck file, you need to make a copy of it and place it on your desktop (thats what I do), then when you edit it just press save and it should save. Then put it in the zip of the vehicle you are editing and it will overwrite and your problem should be solved.
Thanks, I?ll give that a shot.

Im still having troubles with this. It just keeps saving as a TXT file. i save it as .truck and automatically add .txt after .truck.

After you save the file select it with your mouse (single click), then press f2, then you can remove the .txt extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back