Unable to Spawn Vehicles in 2022.04 Version

Lite Torch

Hello, I'm encountering a issue with Rigs of Rods on 2022.04 where I can't spawn any vehicles within the game as during the loading process I crash. There's no Fatal error screen that pops up just goes black and the application closes.

I'm using Windows 11 21H2 with the latest updates

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12C/24 Threads
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Ram: 80 GB
Storage: 2.5 TB

Additionally, while looking into the Problem I found a event name and Exception Code within Event Viewer
Event Name: BEX64
Exception Code: 0xc0000409
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Rigs of Rods\RoR.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

I would appreciate anyone's assistance on this issue and anyone's time.

Attachments

• RoR.log
    326.1 KB · Views: 112
Solution
According to others on RoR's Discord support channel, A recent update to the Logitech G Hub app appears to be the cause of this. Both log files show that a Logitech steering wheel is connected.
1663098058595.png
Reinstalling Logitech G Hub should fix the problem.
Don't Worry you're not alone. I think numerous people are having this issue, because I got on here just to look for a thread related to this. I will give you my honest observation, but I don't know If I can help at all. I am having the same issue and I am also on Windows 11; my friend is also on Windows 11 and is still having the same problem as me. Yet I have friends who never upgraded from Windows 10, and they are not having this Problem with Rigs of Rods. But I have been on Windows 11 for a while now and it Just started happening to me a few days ago. This is my Log I am still trying to figure out what is contributing to the Error.

Attachments

• RoR.log
    504.2 KB · Views: 114
I just got this issue like 7 days ago when I was on Windows 10 I upgraded to Windows 11 one to see if it was good but also see if it would repair ucrtbase.dll

(I haven't looked at your log yet this is based on my own research)
Based on what I researched, this is caused via the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribute Packages. However I've seen that this file can corrupt or become faulty and be fixed via a sfc /scannow command. I actually did that and didn't fix it. I reinstalled ROR at least 8 times and nothing. I'm glad that I'm not the only one as I researched into this and apparently Microsoft doesn't know exactly how to fix this problem as you can't replace the file without risking security. I'm hoping one of the developers knows about this and can help us regarding this.

I just got this issue like 7 days ago when I was on Windows 10 I upgraded to Windows 11 one to see if it was good but also see if it would repair ucrtbase.dll

(I haven't looked at your log yet this is based on my own research)
Based on what I researched, this is caused via the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribute Packages. However I've seen that this file can corrupt or become faulty and be fixed via a sfc /scannow command. I actually did that and didn't fix it. I reinstalled ROR at least 8 times and nothing. I'm glad that I'm not the only one as I researched into this and apparently Microsoft doesn't know exactly how to fix this problem as you can't replace the file without risking security. I'm hoping one of the developers knows about this and can help us regarding this.
Yes, I understand If I figure out anything I will definitely let you know!!!

According to others on RoR's Discord support channel, A recent update to the Logitech G Hub app appears to be the cause of this. Both log files show that a Logitech steering wheel is connected.
1663098058595.png
Reinstalling Logitech G Hub should fix the problem.

Solution
Back