user token

Boss Hogg

when I copy my user token from the site it won't let me post it in game and when I type it in game it doesn't register on multiplayer. Anybody else have this problem?

Hi,

1) make sure your user token is actually in your clipboard by trying to paste it somewhere else (e.g. notepad, your browser's address bar, etc) if you can't paste it anywhere, it means it wasn't copied to the clipboard. Try selecting and copying it manually, rather than using the Copy button next to it.
2) you can't right-click to paste in-game. Press CTRL+V on your keyboard to paste, make sure the text field you are trying to paste into is selected (should have a blinking cursor in it) and press ENTER to save.
3) make sure you are pasting it into the correct text field (Multiplayer>Settings>User token)
4) make sure your player nickname matches your forum name exactly - "Boss Hogg" with the capital letters, with the space, if it doesn't - it won't work.

It's possible that you made a mistake when typing it in by hand, that would explain why it isn't working, or your player nickname didn't match your forum name.

Also there is this painless workaround for "can't paste"
Documents\My Games\Rigs of Rods\config\RoR.cfg on Windows

Last edited:
Not sure if this was fixed but IIRC user tokens don't register if the forum name has spaces in it. You might have to ask a staff member to swap the space in your name for a character (e.g. an underscore or dash).

Hi,

1) make sure your user token is actually in your clipboard by trying to paste it somewhere else (e.g. notepad, your browser's address bar, etc) if you can't paste it anywhere, it means it wasn't copied to the clipboard. Try selecting and copying it manually, rather than using the Copy button next to it.
2) you can't right-click to paste in-game. Press CTRL+V on your keyboard to paste, make sure the text field you are trying to paste into is selected (should have a blinking cursor in it) and press ENTER to save.
3) make sure you are pasting it into the correct text field (Multiplayer>Settings>User token)
4) make sure your player nickname matches your forum name exactly - "Boss Hogg" with the capital letters, with the space, if it doesn't - it won't work.

It's possible that you made a mistake when typing it in by hand, that would explain why it isn't working, or your player nickname didn't match your forum name.

Also there is this painless workaround for "can't paste"
Documents\My Games\Rigs of Rods\config\RoR.cfg on Windows
All good now major thank you, assuming the little green flag beside my name shows that every thing is correct now. All of this is slowing coming back to me now after being gone for a couple of years.

Back