Xbox Controller Input Map

Xbox Controller Input Map 9/6/2022

CuriousMike

Old-timer
Retired Staff
CuriousMike submitted a new repository file:

Xbox One Controller Input Map - Input map for Xbox One controllers

This is an improved input map for Xbox One controllers. The control scheme is heavily inspired by GTA V.

Character:
  • Forward/Backward/Left/Right - Left stick
  • Jump - X
  • Run - A
Camera:
  • Left/Right/Up/Down - Right stick
  • Change Camera - View button
Land vehicles:
  • Enter/Exit - Y
  • Ignition - Right stick button
  • Starter - A
  • Steering - Left stick
  • Accelerate - Right trigger
  • Brake - Left trigger
  • Horn - Left stick button
  • Shift up...

Read more about this file...

CuriousMike updated Xbox One/360 Controller Input Map with a new update entry:

3/1/2019

• Fixed RoR.log warnings due to missing comment lines
  • Beginning of each file now displays the correct controller name
  • Added input map to replace the default wireless controller file (Controller__Xbox_360_Wireless_Receiver_for_Windows_.map)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for this! can you update for rear steering for the Monster Trucks?

This input map is designed to be used with all types of vehicles. You'll have to edit the input map yourself if you want that.

I'm trying to use a bluetooth xbox one s controller but it is not detecting the inputs. It is in the correct folder and i have reinstalled multiple times, how do I make it work?

i have the input map installed but i dont know where to put it and will it work with the most recent version of the game

i have the input map installed but i dont know where to put it and will it work with the most recent version of the game
the .map file needs to go into the config folder of your games directory. And it should work with all "newer" versions afaik.

CuriousMike updated Xbox Controller Input Map with a new update entry:

Xbox Series support + Removed broken PS4 input mapping

• Added support for using a Xbox Series controller via Bluetooth (When connecting the controller via wire, Windows/RoR detects it the same as a One controller, so no changes needed)
  • Removed broken PS4 input mapping (RoR treats the triggers as they're always being pressed, causing vehicles to continuously accelerate)

Read the rest of this update entry...

is it possible to get a wireless powerA switch controller map or a wired pdp switch gamecube controller?
This is for a wired. However, I don't see why a wireless wouldn't work, just pair it to your computer.

Back