WIP - Beta Released Submeshed Polonez Caro

So, just wanted to show this steering wheel, which is for this car

005.PNG007.PNG

This is my second-ever mesh/model, I've made it in blender (never thought I'd say this)
And, I'm sharing this hopefully to encourage others to give it a try. I refused to understand blender and model making for years.
blender is scary, because you can do a lot with it. But if you want to make crappy meshes and texture them ("uv mapping"), then you only need to know a few keyboard shortcuts and terms.

screenshot_2024-04-07_20-08-57_1.jpg

If I had the skills I do now (it's been like 2 years and I have learned new things in that time), I would have made this mod completely differently (e.g. no node-and-beam-textured-dashboard) but rather than throw it all away now or re-do it all, I'll add all the bits I want, and finish off what needs to be finished.

If you're thinking of making something for RoR, but don't know if you have the skills or knowledge.. here is me, unable to figure out how to open the minimap back in 2018: http://www.austingratzer.com/rigs/game-support/220-display-map-corner-screen.html - that is how well I knew RoR at one point.

this is going amazingly well mark!
can't wait to see some other photos of it

P.S: polonezes are the world's best car and i so hope that in at least 20 years time it will be done (love the effort being put in)

pr-gif.22225

Release 1.1 - Quick fix
Fixes:
- removed police siren from non-police cars and restored default horn sound

Release 1 - First Public Release

Known Issues:
- activating traction control makes the wheels explode
- sometimes spawns with center console seethrough, CTRL+SHIT+R to fix
- dashboard glows in the dark
- RAM usage is stupidly high for a submeshed vehicle
- driving experience is poor, the car rolls easily and bounces off of things like a rubber ball
- interior dash lacks autogearindicator
- front wheels clip through the floor at times
- radio only comes on when headlights are on (should be on when ignition is on)
- Szerszeń is outdated
- interior dashboard might show other player's dashboard when on multiplayer :ROFLMAO:
- some none-police versions.. have the police siren 🤦‍♂️

Features:
- unusual custom interior dashboard via guisettings texturedashboard
- trailer hitch on cetrain versions for attaching small trailers
- ropables so you can pick it up with any crane, no problem
- some animated props (switches, steering column stalks, shifter, steering wheel)
- police version lightbar has a fairly realistic lights sequence
- materialflarebindings for most flares
- all the lights the real car has (sidelights, headlights, high beams, foglights, etc)
- CTRL+1 / CTRL+T help screens

Modding:
- See modding.txt

Unofficial Review/Trailer:

by @Asphaltum (thank you!)

Screenshots:
- None because the ones I take are ugly and the person that usually does them for me is currently busy, sorry.
screenshot_2024-05-29_12-23-39_1-png.22224

🔝 Courtesy of @Ramys3434

screenshot_2024-05-30_19-27-51_1-png.22231

🔝 Courtesy of @Asphaltum
screenshot_2024-06-01_22-22-40_1-png.22255

🔝 Courtesy of RoR Enjoyer

Versions:
all.png

- Many thanks to everyone who chipped in and helped in any way

Extras:
- A submeshed trailer, so you have something to attach to the car :)
trailer2-mini.png

Download:
(attached to this post)

Attachments

• SubmeshedPolonezCaroR1.1.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
PolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonezPolonez.
yes, it is a polonez

Back