Controller steering speed coupling

Gabb

Professional Chicken
Hey!! I've decided to try out my Nintendo Switch pro remote with RoR, it works great but there's one major issue that makes it a huge pain to drive properly and that's the fact that the controller has no steering speed coupling, I know it shouldn't need any because I can control the steering amount with precision but for some reason I find it's way too sensitive, even with the sensitivity set to 0.01, the second I move the joystick a nanometer, the steering wheel turns by like 25%. I'd like some help finding a way to fix this, thanks!

Attachments

• RoR.log
    118.8 KB · Views: 114
Try increasing the deadzone in your controller's input map. In your case it's named Controller__XBOX_360_For_Windows_.map
Browse to Documents\My Games\Rigs of Rods\config and open that file with Notepad. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see this:
Code:
TRUCK_STEER_LEFT               JoystickAxis         0 1 LOWER+DEADZONE=0.25
TRUCK_STEER_RIGHT              JoystickAxis         0 1 UPPER+DEADZONE=0.25
Increase the 0.25 value.

I've tried increasing it and decreasing it and now I can control the steering more precisely but it's still incredibly easy to spin out unless I'm extremely careful with the joystick. This would help if I was just sim driving and obeying traffic laws but in stressful racing situations it doesn't seem to really help, is there maybe some way that I could just make the analog input smoothing increase the faster I go and decrease the slower I go?

Back