Do you think RoR could be used as a good racing game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G122

Do you think RoR could be used as a good racing game? After all, there are plenty of good vehicles you can use for this such as rally cars, F1 cars GT3 cars, tell me what you think

Last edited:
Well, it'd work like a dream, but there's a few hang-ups: In Multiplayer, there are a lot of cars that show up for you, but none of the other players can see. That puts a kink in things because what you can't see, you can't figure out how to pass.

And if you wanted to, say, do a pit maneuver on the leader, maybe brake check the dips behind you, you cant. Because no matter what cars you use, when you go in for a door-shaver, your car passes through like it's Donny the Road-Raging ghost.

I guess this is to avoid hurt feelings, or keep from frying a server, but it does hamper things.

Maybe one day these flaws can be handled, but I can't say when.

Still, good idea, and it would be a good use for the game.

You know, I have a few ideas that could eliminate most of these issues. With multiplayer, you can give people certain cars that won't cause frame rate issues so the server could handle it and everybody would have it even if they're not using it they could see it and when your actually racing the race would just be non-contact in a similar fashion to the way Grand Theft Auto does non-contact races where you can pass through the other cars harmlessly and the races would mainly be focused on lap time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back