Does the steering wheel work in RoR?

BleX PL

I am considering buying a steering wheel to play it in RoR. Do the steering wheels work at all?

Hi,

Yeah, any wheel that connects to PC should work.
You may need to create an input map for it, if there isn't one already, which can be difficult for some people.

How well it will work, or if it'll be more fun, I don't know. If force feedback feature is important to you, be aware that it is not working correctly in RoR (from what I heard)

Maybe someone else who plays RoR could tell you if it's worth buying a steering wheel setup, though I don't know anyone that plays RoR with one.

What are you currently using to play?

I am considering buying a steering wheel to play it in RoR. Do the steering wheels work at all?

Yes, and I like it. Yes, it takes some text editing on the input map. But, once set up, it's much (MUCH) nicer to drive. Even sort of works for flying (I just use the shifter to control the elevators). I don't pay much attention to the force feedback... I've only had one game I liked where it actually didn't feel like it was just driving the car for you, or just annoying. It's very hard to get it right enough to actually add to the experience rather than taking away. Considering how many different kinds of vehicles you can drive in RoR, I suspect getting it right for all of them would be impossible.

But, that said, wheels (force feedback or not) totally outclass driving by keyboard. Well worth the effort to figure out the input map.

David...

Back