Fatal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBRO

Выдает ошибку при изменении разрешения
FATAL ERROR 27.03.2021 17_06_44.png

Try deleting your config folder and run ur game again, it was not possible to save the change because some .cfg file is missing from your config folder
  • Config folder directory: Documents \ my games \ rigs of rods \ Config

also, you can find these files at Local Disck \ Program Files \ rigs of rods \ resources \ Skeleton, but it would be difficult to identify which one is missing

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for showing us more details.
You are using development version 2020.03
The error shows up when you try to change the resolution or any other setting, yes? so it's having trouble saving the settings to file.

And your version of Windows is Russian? People had problems in the past if the file path to RoR.exe or the file path to the Documents\My Games\Rigs of Rods folder contained any non-standard characters.

I am not sure whether this has been fixed or not, I think it was.

Still, can you try the method below and see if it resolves the problem?

https://docs.rigsofrods.org/gameplay/general-faq/#failed-to-generate-list-of-installed-content

I would like a picture of your error screen, and I would also like you to attach your ror.log to the post
  • RoR.log Directory: C: \ Documents \ my games \ rigs of rods \ Logs
  • Select the file wich says RoR

it looks like the files are not being exported to the correct folders, so you will have to do this manually
Well, as I said in my first post, if you go to C: \ Program Files \ rigs of rods \ resources \ Skeleton
you can find the .cfg files that were missing, but from what I see, almost nothing was exported to the folders in Documents

What you are going to do is basically delete all the folders that are in C: \ Documents \ my games \ rigs of rods
( just dont delete the mods folder if u have installed mods from the repo )
and you will copy the folders that are in Skeleton, and you will paste all those folders in Rigs of Rods folder in documents

Last edited:
The problem is that when switching to full screen mode, a critical error crashes
It’s a known bug so make sure you would have your settings set to full screen.
You might be having permissions issues with the game when trying to write files.
Open RoR as Admin.
If that doest work, you should temporarily disable any antivirus you have.

Turns out RoR currently doesn’t support username with non-standard characters.
The only solution right now would be to :
  • Create a new Windows user only for RoR with no russian characters
  • Create a Windows 10 VM
This issue will be fixed in a future release. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back