On Hold GMC General replica build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, and welcome.

As you've read in the title, I am planning to build a replica of a very old ROR vehicle called the GMC General. I don't know who built the first one.

It was a sort of boxy red logging truck that used to reside in either the Trucks/Heavy Equipment Showroom, or the original Repository before the provider change.

I've built the mesh already, I'm just needing someone smarter to help get it into the game. In fact, I was already keen to make the project into a Group function.

All it needs is an N/B, three driving axles, and the wheels used on the DAF Semi.

Here are some pictures

Screenshot (12).pngScreenshot (13).pngScreenshot (14).png

I know it's rather basic, even toy-like, but then so was the one I used to use.

I'd set it up myself, but I'm afraid the Editor is a bit too over my head.

Included is the Sketchup file in a .zip folder.

I Give full credit to the guy who built the first one for the game, though I neglected to catch his username.

EDIT- Want to hear a funny one?

I just found out that the truck still exists.

And the guy I have to hand the credit to goes by the name ROR_CAT. The file is on the VB Forum, Trucks, page 29. I stumbled over it just tonight.

Don't ask me how I missed it so many times. I have no plausible ideas.

If anyone besides me is seeing this thread, could one of you please tell me how to remove this thread?

Also, would it be wrong of me to upload the truck's .ZIP to the repository?

I'd like to upload it, but I don't wish to run afoul of anyone.

Attachments

• GMC GENERAL. The 2nd.zip
    347.5 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
Okay. Now for another fish. Would it be ethical for me to upload the .zip of the aforementioned truck to the repository, provided I credit ROR_CAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back