Inspired by FailRace: Best Driving maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentV12

Fledgling Modder
*I don't know what to put this under, so I thought this is the best section*

What maps are the most fun, most relaxing, and best to drive on? I have been wondering this since FailRace uploaded his Quest for best driving roads in GTA 5, and want to hear what the Rigs of Rods community thinks are the best driving maps for ROR.
I have a few requirements to limit the maps:

1. Maps must have smooth roads. no rough transitions from road piece to road piece
  2. maps must have a preferably good back drop, with scenic views
  3. maps must not be too intensive, since there will be good crashes to follow
  4. maps must not be too intricate to enjoy, and must be easy enough to drive with a keyboard
  5. maps should be what you consider to be good, and not something another person mentions
  6. All mentioned maps must have download links

Please notify me if this is in the wrong section, because this is something I don't know that to do with

My map choice does break one rule, but I feel that it adds realism. Flatsville county. I enjoy just cruising around and pulling big trailers. There is a section of road that has a strange patch from DOT adding cement to repair a gap in the road. Smooth transition, but seeing it definitely adds a real feel imho

Wow, and I think that map is on this repo, too. I will definitely check it out

PS, I need to clarify the smooth transition rule: this was to prevent submissions like Hill road.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back