Solved Installing on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtles05

When I try to install using the commands it says it can't open the file

The easiest way to install RoR on Linux is to use the Itch.io desktop app:
Installing with the itch.io desktop app:

With the desktop app, the latest build will be automatically downloaded and installed
Also, only the changed files will be downloaded instead of the complete game.
If you already have installed previous versions though Itch it will automatically update, no need to (re)install RoR

1. Download and install the itch.io desktop app: itch - Download and play indie games - itch.io
  2. Login into the itch.io app.
  3. Restart your PC after you have successfully logged in
  4. Click this link to install RoR
  5. When you launch the game for the first time, it will first install some dependencies

Oh sorry, what I was trying to say was that downloading from the browser wasn't applicable but I do have an environment it is rasbian what @Vmosnokia31 recommended worked for the install but can't figure out how to update the glsl driver because it opens and then it just crashes.

if you go to where @Vmosnokia31 said there is a way to download that way I did it that way and it works all I need is glsl update and can't find a way to update that and also @AnotherFoxGuy had a forum post on it but his way refuses to work it just says it can't open the file when I type the command in the readme part of the Github page

Your Raspberry Pi does not support OpenGL, nor does it meet any of the other requirements. It's not even the correct architecture.
Locking this as there's nothing you can do besides using an actual PC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back