Mods don't work

Devel

When I updated RoR to 2022.12, I found that my mods didn't work. I tried reinstalling them, and that didn't work either. The only mod that did work was the one I downloaded through the in-game repository, the Subaru Impreza.

Well, I placed all my mods in the "mods" folder, didn't work. Reinstalled them in the same folder, still didn't work. I only had this issue after I updated.

What is your Windows version?
If you have windows 11
Explorer > Documents > My Games > Rigs of Rods > mods
Put the mod in this mods folder and it should work.
I think that it was entered in this way even in the Windows version a little while ago.
It seems quite old and different.

Last edited:
Please upload your RoR.log (in Documents\My Games\Rigs of Rods\logs)

Have you uninstalled the old version of Rigs of Rods and then upgraded to it?
If so, you can uninstall the game and then install it again to try the above methods.

The log shows nothing of concern, its detecting the mod folders correctly and claims the cache is valid. You're also using 2022.04 instead of the newest release (2022.12).
Try removing the cache folder, this will force RoR to rebuild the mod list. If your mods still don't appear, please show screenshots of the contents your mods/packs/terrains/vehicles folders.

I decided to do something I've been thinking about. I moved my mods to the "content" folder. They then were able to load. Also, I think you're wrong about me being on 2022.04. I have all the features of 2022.12, and it even says 2022,12 on the main menu.

Also, I think you're wrong about me being on 2022.04. I have all the features of 2022.12, and it even says 2022,12 on the main menu.
First two lines of your log say otherwise:
Code:
20:22:54: [RoR] Rigs of Rods (www.rigsofrods.org) version 2022.04
20:22:54: [RoR] Current date: 2023-01-27

Good to hear the mods appear now though, however the content folder is supposed to only be for the default content. It is not recommended to place mods there as there's a risk of the installer removing and/or overwriting your mods.

Oh, I see why it says 2022.04. The log was one day before when I updated. I completely uninstalled 2022.04 though, and I did load 2022.12 into a map and then quit. The log should have been more recent, then you would have seen the problem. Also, I can simply back up my mods in a different folder.

Last edited:
Back