Rigs of Rods on Devuan GNU/Linux; Game not running; No files in ~/.rigsofrods/config

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUNKELHEIT

(Asked on Discord, Couldn't find a solution, so I thought it would be a better idea to post here)

I compiled Rigs of Rods (without conan) on my laptop running Devuan GNU/Linux Chimaera 4 (Debian without systemd, Current latest Stable release)
It compiled successfully, but running RoR in the build folder's binary subfolder (./rigs-of-rods/bin/RoR) gives the following error:

FATAL ERROR: An internal error occured in Rigs of Rods. Technical details below: No render system plugin available. Check your plugins.cfg InvalidStateException: Cannot initialise - no render system has been selected. in Root::initialise at /home/anon/Downloads/ror-dependencies/Source/ogre/OgreMain/src/OgreRoot.cpp (line 542) FATAL ERROR: An internal error occured in Rigs of Rods. Technical details below: InvalidStateException: Cannot initialise - no render system has been selected. in Root::initialise at /home/anon/Downloads/ror-dependencies/Source/ogre/OgreMain/src/OgreRoot.cpp (line 542)

So this is my plugin.cfg file in ./rigs-of-rods/bin/plugins.cfg

# Defines plugins to load # Define plugin folder PluginFolder=/home/anon/Downloads/ror-dependencies/Dependencies_Linux/lib/OGRE # Define plugins Plugin=Codec_FreeImage # Plugin=RenderSystem_Direct3D9 # Plugin=RenderSystem_Direct3D11 Plugin=RenderSystem_GL # Plugin=RenderSystem_GL3Plus Plugin=Plugin_ParticleFX Plugin=Plugin_OctreeSceneManager Plugin=Plugin_CgProgramManager Plugin=../libCaelum.so

Editing these lines made no difference; got the same error.

I asked @tritonas00 what I could do next, He told me to look in ~/.rigsofrods/config
but the folder was empty. Relabelling it to conifg-old generated a new config folder, But that was empty too.
(Apparently it SHOULD have 15-20 configuration files and keymaps and stuff, but this was empty.)

So I followed their advice, and manually created an ogre.cfg and a RoR.cfg
I left the RoR.cfg empty but pasted in their own ogre.cfg.
According to them, the game has detected the files now.

Below is a screenshot of the ~/.rigsofrods/config folder and a manually created ~/.rigsofrods/config/ogre.cfg (Copied from @tritonas00 )
cd.png

Any idea what's going on? How do I get it running?
Attaching RoR.log below...

(P.S. The precompiled version also gives an error while running the RunRoR script, even after a "chmod +x", something along the lines of "libXft was too short" or something, and My OS doesn't support Snapcraft, as snaps use systemd, Which is why I compiled it, hoping it might work.)

Attachments

• RoR.log
    5.3 KB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back